Last Updated on by
VITEEE 2019 will be conducted in online mode from April 10 till April 21, 2019. The exam will get conducted across 117 cities in India and 4 international venues, Dubai, Muscat, Qatar and Kuwait. VITEEE result is scheduled to be announced in fourth week of April, 2019.
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) is conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology. The engineering entrance is conducted to offer admission to 20 B.Tech Programs offered at 4 campuses – Vellore, Chennai, Amravati and Bhopal. Check VITEEE 2019 Cutoff
- The minimum eligibility to apply for VITEEE 2019 is qualifying 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Application Form for VITEEE 2019 is available from October 28, 2018 to February 28, 2019.
- Forms can be obtained in both online and offline mode.
- All the applicants need to book their slots online during VITEEE Slot Booking from third week of March 2019.
- Slots will be allocated on first come first serve basis. e-admit card is auto-generated after completion of slot booking process.
People Also Read About
- VITEEE 2019 will be conducted in 3 sessions per day.
- VITEEE Exam Pattern comprises 125 MCQs from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English.
- The duration for online test is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- VITEEE Syllabus is based on the 10+2 curriculum of CBSE Board.
- The result is expected to be available in the last week of April, 2019.
- VITEEE Counselling is expected to commence in 2nd week of May. Candidates are called for counselling in order of their rankings in the merit list.
VITEEE Highlights Table
|Date of VITEEE Exam||From April 10 till April 21, 2019|
|Conducting Body||Vellore Institute of Technology|
|Mode of VITEEE Exam||Online|
|Duration of VITEEE Exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Eligibility||Completed 10+2 with Mathematics as compulsory subject|
|Number of Seats||5000|
VITEEE Exam Dates
Latest News Updates
The following table shows the important dates related to various events of VITEEE exam:
|Availability of Application form||October 28, 2018|
|Last date to fill the application form||February 28, 2019|
|Slot booking starts from||3rd week of March 2019|
|Admit card download from||3rd week of March, 2019|
|VITEEE Exam date starts||April 10, 2019|
|VITEEE Exam end date||April 21, 2019|
|VITEEE 2019 Entrance exam result||Fourth week of April, 2019|
|VITEEE 2019 Counselling for Phase 1||Second week of May, 2019|
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria
Students must check their eligibility before appearing in exam. If the eligibility did not match then students’ candidature will be cancelled. Following is the detailed explanation of eligibility criteria:
- Date of Birth: Students must be born on or before July 1, 1997.
- Nationality: Students should be Resident/ Non Resident Indian National/ PIO/ OCI holder. Foreign nationals can also apply by filling Foreign National Application Form.
- Qualification: Student must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination with the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology from a recognized board.
- Minimum qualifying marks: General category students have to score 60% marks and 50% marks must be scored by SC/ ST and Northern state candidates. Also, candidate must have an aggregate of 50% in PCBE/PCME.
- NIOS: National Institute of Schooling (NIOS) can also apply. They have to produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
VITEEE Application Form
Application form can be available either online or offline modes. The application form can be filled from October 28, 2018 till February 28, 2019. Following is the step by step process of filling up the application form:
Steps for filling Online Application form
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of VIT i.e. www.vit.ac.in.
- Enter the details like name, date of birth, gender, nationality, mobile number, email ID etc.
- The mobile number and email ID must be registered because students will get password via SMS.
- Click on the Registration button to receiver password via SMS.
- For filling the application form, login to the website using Email ID and password.
Step 2: Upload Documents
- After paying the fees, students have to upload the scanned copy of their photograph and signature.
- Size of the photograph should be between 10kb to 200kb and Signature size should lies between 10kb to 200kb.
- The dimensions of the photograph should be 3.5 CM X 4.5 CM and signature dimension must be 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM.
- The image should be in JPEG/ JPG format.
Step 3: Submission of Fees
- After submitting the application form, students will be redirected to fee payment page.
- Application fees can be paid using Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card.
The following table shows the application fees for VITEEE 2019:
|Mode of Application||Application Fees|
|Online Application Fees||INR 1150|
|Offline Application Fees||INR 1200|
|For NRI students||US $50|
Steps 4: Final Submission
Students are advised to download and take the printout of filled in the application form before finally submitting it for their future reference.
Steps for filling Offline Application form
- For obtaining the application form, student may visit any nearby post office.
- Offline application fees can be paid by giving a Demand Draft in favor of VIT University payable at Vellore.
- The cover letter should be addressed to “Director-UG Admissions, VIT University, and Vellore – 632014
- Students are advised to write their mobile number and postal address at the back of the Demand Draft.
- Filled in application form can be sent to the following address via speed/ registered post:
Vellore – 632014
VITEEE Exam Pattern
For clearing the paper with decent marks it is important for students to know the examination pattern in advance. Following is the detailed explanation of VITEEE 2019 examination pattern:
- The paper is conducted in online mode only.
- Total time duration given to complete the paper is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The questions in the paper will be asked from the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology and English.
- No marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
- The paper is comprised of 125 multiple choice questions of total 125 marks.
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||125|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||4 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology and English)|
VITEEE Admit Card
Students will get the admit card in online mode only from the official website of VIT. Authority is responsible to send the copy of admit card to the registered email ID. After completion of slot booking process, admit card will be generated.
Students are advised to check the details mentioned on the admit card before downloading it like application number, exam date, exam time, venue of the exam center, candidate’s photograph etc. In case, if students found any discrepancy in admit card they should contact the university authority immediately and get it rectified.
Following are the steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of VIT.
- Click on the VITEEE Admit card 2019.
- Online test booking system will open.
- Enter the application number, password and captcha.
- Log in and click Book a seat.
- Book the test slot according to test centre and time.
- Click on the confirm button.
After clicking on the button, students can download the Admit card. They are advised to download and take the printout of the card for future reference.
VITEEE Exam Centre
In India, there are around 110 test centres across different states. Students can select the test centre as per their preference at the time of filling the application form. Students can check the allocated test centre on their admit card. The following table shows the list of test centres for VITEEE 2019:
|Test State||Test Centre for VITEEE 2019|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Ita Nagar|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Dharamshala|
The examination syllabus consists all the important chapters and topics along with the weight-age:
|Subject||Important Topics||Number of expected questions|
|Magnetic Effects of Electric Current and Magnetism||5|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||5|
|Electromagnetic Waves and Wave Optics||5|
|Atomic and Nuclear Physics||7|
|Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter||5|
|P,d and Block Elements||4|
|Co-ordination chemistry and Solid state chemistry||4|
|Thermodynamics, Chemical equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics||4|
|Isomerism in Organic Compounds||2|
|Alcohols and Ether||4|
|Organic Nitrogen Compounds||2|
|Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives||2|
|Mathematics||Applications of Matrices and Determinants||4|
|Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions||6|
|Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions||4|
|Integral Calculus and its Applications||6|
|Cell and Molecular Biology||–|
|Genetics and evolution||–|
|Human health and diseases||–|
VITEEE 2019 Result
VITEEE 2019 Result will be declared on the official website in fourth week of April, 2019. Candidates can check their result on the official website i.e., vit.ac.in. VIT announces the result in the form of scorecard. Candidates can view their score online and take the printout of scorecard for future reference.
To download the results, candidates can simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official site of VITEEE 2019, vit.ac.in
- Click on the link, “VITEEE 2019 – Results”
- Click now on the link next to “Click here for VITEEE Results”
- In the new window, enter application number, date of birth and verification code
- Finally, result will get displayed on the screen.
- Check all the details and take multiple printouts of the scorecard.
VIT University will also publish merit list based on the overall scores of candidates in VITEEE 2019. Candidates will then be invited to the counseling process on the basis of their rank secured.