Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has released the official notification for VITEEE 2019. Candidates seeking admission to any campus of VIT may fill the application form from October 28 onward while the registration window closes on Feb 28, 2019.
VITEEE is a national level engineering entrance for admission to undergraduate engineering courses at one of the campuses of VIT located in Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati.
Registration for the exam can be done via both online as well as offline mode. Offline application form can be availed from any post office across the country. VITEEE 2019 would be conducted across 120 centers in India and in 4 foreign centers (Dubai, Kuwait, Qatar and Muscat) as well.
As estimated by VIT-AP Vice President Dr. Sekar Viswanathan, this year, the number of students appearing for the exam may cross the bar of 2.5 lacs. Let’s take a more detailed look at VITEEE Application Process (both online as well as offline mode).
VITEEE 2019 Exam Dates
The schedule for VITEEE 2019 is mentioned below for the reference of all engineering aspirants:
|Start of Registration Process||October 28, 2018|
|Closure of Registration Window||February 28, 2019|
|Slot Booking Window and Issue of Admit Card (Tentative)||March 21 – March 25, 2019|
|VITEEE 2019 Exam Date||April 10 – April 21, 2019|
|Expected Date for Declaration of VITEEE 2019 Result||April 25, 2019|
The minimum eligibility to apply for VITEEE 2019 is completing 10+2 from a recognized board of education. Candidates also need to secure an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology with a 10% relaxation for SC/ST candidates. Applicant must be born on or after July 01, 1997.
VITEEE 2019 Application Form
Students can hereby check the details for filling online and offline application form for VITEEE 2019:
For Offline Mode:
- The offline application form can be obtained at any post office after paying INR 1,200.
- Fill the entire OMR sheet very carefully as no editing will be allowed once the form is submitted.
- Post filling the form, paste a recent color passport sized photograph in the prescribed area and sign on the application form at the designated place.
- Do not alter any detail on the form while filling the details. Scrutinize the details carefully before posting.
- Filled-in form is must to be posted at the address as mentioned on the envelope.
- It is advisable for the candidates to keep one copy of the application form with themselves for future reference.
Latest News Updates
For Online Mode:
- Register yourself first by providing all the required details.
- After registration, an email id and password will be sent to the registered mail id of the applicant.
- Applicants are required to login using their new mail id and password to proceed with the application form.
- Post filling of the form, scrutinize and submit the details entered which in-turn will lead to generation of application number.
- Application number and printout of the application form must be kept carefully till completion of all the processes.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Date (April) to Collide with VITEEE 2019
VITEEE 2019 Exam dates are likely to collide with the schedule of JEE Main 2019 (April Session). It is notified that JEE Main 2019 (April session) will be held from April 6 till April 20, 2019 which is a computer based exam. While exam date for VITEEE 2019 is expected to be from April 10 to April 21.
JEE Main being conducted by NTA for the first time will allot the dates randomly. But in VITEEE, students will be provided with an opportunity to select the slots for taking the exam. Thus, candidates must be very careful while selecting the slots to avoid overlapping between the two. Result date for VITEEE 2019 has not been announced till date but is expected to be released in the last week of April.
There will also be a provision of fee concession on the basis of rank acquired by the candidate in the entrance exam. The concession as per the secured rank can be understood from the following table:
|Rank Secured||Fee Concession (%)|
VITEE 2019 Slot Booking and Admit Card
VITEEE Slot Booking will be conducted in online mode. Candidates are allowed to book their date and session for taking the online entrance examination. VITEEE 2019 will be conducted in 3 shifts 09.00 am to 11.30 am, 12.30 pm to 03.00 pm, and 04.00 pm to 06.30 pm. However, all the slots for VITEEE 2019 will be booked on first come first serve basis.
The admit card for VITEEE 2019 will be issued immediately for the candidate after completing the slot booking process. The slot booking process and issue of e-admit card is expected to commence in the third week of March 2019.
All the candidates are advised to regularly check this space for latest updates on VITEEE 2019.