Last Updated on by
Every year, there is a huge competition that follows JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced is the second step after you clear JEE Main. If you want to pursue engineering from IITs, you need to appear for JEE Advanced. You must follow toppers guideline which will help you make a better strategy for the upcoming exam. One thing that toppers advice is not following the same strategy that you followed in JEE Main because this exam is completely different.
Toppers Guideline to Get Success in JEE Advanced
Every year aspirants look for toppers guideline before the exam because the strategies are tried and tested ones. It is however possible that you have a better plan than others, so you can follow your strategy as well. According to toppers, you should aim for completing the exam in 2 hours 45 minutes rather than complete 3 hours. In the section below you can read about the toppers guidelines from 2013-16.
2013 Toppers Guidelines
The topper of JEE Advanced 2013 with the score of 345/ 360 suggested the following preparation method for the aspirants to follow.
- Consider the suggestion of your teacher and prepare as they suggest.
- Do course-wise preparation and don’t deviate from the syllabus.
- Concentrate on studying and preparing for the examination rather than aiming to crack the examination
- Follow NCERT rigorously and learn the concepts by heart
- Avoid the use of calculator throughout Class 11th & 12th
- Practice test series and mock tests
- Stick to the syllabus strictly
- Physics: Waves, Optics, Electromagnetics Induction
- Chemistry: Isomerism, ionic equilibrium, thermodynamics
- Mathematics: Complex algebra, inverse trigonometry, conic sections, definite integrals
People Also Read:
- Success Story of JEE Main 2017 Topper Kalpit Veerwal.
- Success Story of JEE Advanced 2017 Topper Sarvesh Mehtani.
2014 Toppers Guidelines
A topper of 2014 with the score of 355/ 360 suggested to stay calm and not to worry about the result. If you work hard and do your preparation with full concentration you will definitely achieve the goal.
One of the high scorer with 350/ 360 score shared his preparation strategies to help the aspirants.
- Study consistently and as much as you can, there is no limit
- Learn to concentrate and don’t deviate from your track
- Concentration is the key to crack the examination
- Work on the topics you are weak in
- Prepare the main theory
- Make your concept clear about every topic
- Avoid any type of calculation and other minor mistakes
- Practice mock test series as much as you can
- Prepare your own notes as it will help you to revise the topics before the examination
- Be confident and don’t panic
Latest News Updates
2015 Toppers Guidelines
The preparation tips, given by toppers of JEE Main 2015 that they followed to qualify it with flying colors.
- Take your study as fun activity don’t stress up
- Maintain consistency and follow a systematic routine
- Keep distance from any gadget as they consume a lot of your valuable time
- Give equal time to each subject
- Study regularly at school and at home as it will help you to clear your subject fundamentals
- Set your goal clear and work hard towards it
- Learn to utilize your time and avoid any means of distraction.
- Focus and consistency are the keys to success
2016 Toppers Guidelines
Th toppers of 2016 disclosed their success mantra and advised the current competitors to practice it and become one of them.
- Learn to handle stress calmly and invest all your energy in the preparation to crack JEE Main
- Make notes as it will help you to brush up your concepts
- Do not leave any topic, questions can be asked from anywhere
- Don not panic, and read the questions carefully before you answer them
- Cover all the extra topics that you think Is not very important for the exam
- Make sure that you study for minimum 5 hours in a day
- Revision is very important as it seals everything in your mind
- Make a schedule and implement it well