Last Updated on
NTA is the new governing body JEE Main that has brought several modifications in JEE Main 2019. JEE Main will be conducted twice a year, in January and April from 2019 and only in online mode. To allow the aspirants to acquaint themselves with the exam pattern, Test Practice Centers (TPCs) have been introduced by NTA. However, the syllabus remains same for JEE Main 2019.
What is a Test Practice Center (TPC)?
Test Practice Center for JEE Main 2019 is an initiative by the NTA for helping the students to prepare for JEE Main 2019. This facility is free of cost and is especially designed for students from the rural and remote areas who are not familiar with the Computer Based Test (CBT). They are built across the country so that all eligible students can score well in JEE Main 2019. Through TPCs, the authorities expect that there will be more aspirants for JEE Main 2019.
NTA has released IIT PAL Lectures for JEE Main aspirants.
How do Test Practice Centers work?
Test Practice Centers are started by the NTA to familiarize the students with JEE Main 2019 exam pattern. As of now, NTA is only providing mock tests at the TPCs. These mock tests are based on the JEE Main 2019 syllabus. They are officially provided by the NTA to the TPCs. To be a Test Practice Center, the institutions need to follow the TPC guidelines mentioned at nta.ac.in.
At the Test Practice Centers, there is a minimum requirement of 30 computers and a LAN (Local Area Network). By entering a login id and a password, mock tests are generated on the computers for students. At the end of 3 hours, the exam will end automatically, like the JEE Main between January 6 and 20, 2019. NTA has released the complete exam schedule for JEE Main 2019.
Benefits of Test Practice Centers
Knowing the exam pattern in advance helps to improve the performance in the main exam. It is the combination of hard work and practice that makes you score well in the exams. JEE Main is a national level engineering exam, and has a certain difficulty level. With the new pattern, students might panic or make silly mistakes. In India, there is a diversity of students. Not all student have an access to computer. So, it becomes very necessary to make the students aware of the new pattern.
Latest News Updates
Following are the benefits of Test Practice Centers-
- You become aware of the exam atmosphere
- Aspirants become comfortable with the online format
- Candidates learn the pattern of exam
- You know the instructions of exam in advance
- Students know your strong and weak areas
- You know how to manage the 3 hours of the exam
- Aspirants get a fair idea about what kind of questions are asked
- There is no limit on the number of attempts for the mock tests
How to register for Test Practice Centers?
It is necessary for aspirants to register to practice through Test Practice Centers. They are functional only on Saturdays and Sundays. You can follow the below mentioned steps to register for Test Practice Centers for JEE Main 2019-
- Visit the official site of NTA at nta.ac.in
- Click on ‘Student Registration (Mock Test)’
- You have to click on this option and you will be redirected to a new page
- Now select the ‘Online Mock Test’ option
- You need to enter your username and password to go ahead
- When you register, you get a list of the TPCs near you from where you can select the desired center
- After registering, you will get a SMS or email mentioning the slot for practice on Saturday and Sunday
- Students will get this information 24-48 hours before the allotted slot
- Reach the TPC at the mentioned time and use the SMS for showing that you registered
- You can also download the mobile app from play store- ‘NTA STUDENT APP’
Note– Test Practice Centers are operational on Saturday from 14:30 to 17:30 Hrs. There are 2 slots for Sunday- 11:00 to 14:00 Hrs. and 14:30 to 17:30 Hrs.
So, Test Practice Centers by the NTA is a very beneficial step as it will improve the results of all the students and increase the confidence of all the aspirants. There is a helpline number to answer any queries related to TPCs. For all the recent updates, you need to stay connected to the Test Practice Center section at the official site of NTA.