Tag Archives: JEE Main Application Form
National Testing Agency (NTA) in an official notification released on September 12, 2019 clarified that the 12 digit identification number, Aadhar number is not mandatory for JEE Main 2019 and UGC-NET 2018 registration. NTA is the new nodal agency operating under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government of India. It is the new conducting body for UGC-NET 2018 and JEE Main 2019 besides several other entrance exams.
JEE Main 2019 and UGC-NET 2018 registration has begun from September 01, 2018 and will close on September 30, 2018. However, NTA will conduct JEE Main in online mode twice a year. The first phase of JEE Main 2019 will be held from January 06, 2019 to January 20, 2019. Based on the increasing number of queries received about mandatory filling in the Aadhar number in UGC-NET 2018 registration form, NTA released this notice.
In this context, NTA released a statement stating, “It is thus simplified that during the online registration process while filling in online Application Form, the Aadhar number is just one of the many types of identification required, it is not mandatory, as per the ‘Replica of Application Form’ mentioned in Annexure VIII (page 39-40) (UGC-NET Bulletin December 2018) in the drop down box related to ‘Identification Type’ and as also mentioned on page 11.
Latest News Updates
Applicants can give their ration card number, passport number, bank account number or any other relevant government identity number, according to the information provided on page 11 of the December 2018 edition of UGC-NET Bulletin.
Candidates are required to provide their ID card number, Name, Date of Birth and Gender and other important details in the application form. Also, those who want to give their Aadhar number during the registration shall check and conform to any of the following conditions.
Aspirants, who have not yet applied for Aadhaar, must submit the application for the same and visit the facilitation center for enrolment. Candidates can visit any facilitation center or Aadhaar enrollment center to get enrolled. The enrolment process is free of cost.
For the convenience of the candidates, the board has set up facilitation center in every examination city for Aadhaar enrolment.
Those who have applied for Aadhaar and have to get it yet must fill 14 digits Aaddhaar Enrollment ID mentioned on their Aadhaar enrollment slip during registration.
In case the facilitation center does not provide Aadhaar enrollment facility, candidates must send a request for Aadhaar Enrollment.
Candidates will be provided with a registration number by the facilitation center, and they can fill in the registration number when filling the registration form.
JEE Main Application Form has closed for JEE Main 2019 January session. The registration window was open between September 1 and 30, 2018 in the online mode. The application window for JEE Main 2019 April session is slated to be open from February 08, 2019 on its official site, jeemain.nic.in.
You can download JEE Main Admit card from December 17, 2018 for JEE Main January exam.
NTA is the newly appointed governing body for JEE Main and has bought in several changes in the exam pattern. You need to check the instructions for filling JEE Main Application Form before you begin the registration form. You need to register yourself as a new user on the official portal using a ‘username’ and a ‘password’. JEE Main Application Form 2019 is available on the official website: www.nta.ac.in and www.jeemain.nic.in.
You must meet the eligibility criteria for filling JEE Main Application Form, else you will be disqualified and your application fee will not be refunded either. You can submit your application fees through online and offline payment mode. Online payment methods include Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking, while offline methods include e-challan.
JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in 2 sessions for admission into 1 academic year. January session will be conducted between January 6 and 20, 2019 while the April session will be conducted between April 6 and 20, 2019. You must follow the exam schedule strictly to avoid any confusion. NTA has released the complete list of exam centers which can be checked from the official site as well.
For more information about JEE Main 2019. Click here
JEE Main Application Form Important Dates
JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in various cities across India and International cities. Candidates have to select four cities for Paper-1 or Paper-2 or both Paper-1 and Paper-2 while applying the application form. Here are the important events and their respective dates are given below:
|Events||January Exam||April Exam|
|Online Application form Start||September 01, 2018||February 08, 2019|
|Last Date for online Application form||September 30, 2018||March 07, 2019|
|Date for filling the application fee||September 01, 2018||February 08, 2019|
|Last Date for filling the application fee||October 01, 2018||March 08, 2019|
|Date of Examination||Between 06.01.2019 (Sunday) to 20.01.2019 (Sunday)||Between 06.04.2019 (Sunday), to 20.04.2019 (Saturday)|
|Declaration of Result on NTA‟s website||By 31st January, 2019||By 30th April, 2019|
JEE Main Application Fee:
Fees for Exam centers opted in India:
|Fees for Exam Centers opted in India||Category||Boys||Girls|
|Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||500||250|
|Both Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning||General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||900||450|
Fees for Exam centers opted Outside India:
|Fees for Exam Centers opted Outside India||Category||Boys||Girls|
|Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||2000||1000|
|Both Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||3000||1500|
Additional processing fees:
- 5.00 and 18% GST will be applicable as the processing fee via Net Banking payment.
- 80% of Fee+GST (Minimum Rs. 11/-) will be applicable as the processing fee via Domestic Credit card.
- 3.50% of Fee+GST (Minimum Rs. 11/-) will be applicable as the processing fee via International Credit card.
Latest News Updates
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility
The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main is securing at least 75% marks or top 20 percentile in 12th class examination conducted by respective boards. If aspirants belong to reserved category (SC/ST), the qualifying marks would be 65% in 12th Examination.
Subject combination required for taking admission in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTI colleges in various courses namely B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning are mentioned below-
|Course||Criteria for eligible in JEE Main 2019 Examination|
|B.E/B.TECH||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|B.ARCH./B.PLANNING||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.|
- From this year, there is no age limit criteria. Candidate who have passed XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 can appear in JEE Main 2019 exam
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th for appearing in exam. Candidates who have taken four subject in XII examination are not eligible for JEE Main 2019 examination
- If 2019 appearing student furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared
- JEE Main aspirants with Indian citizenship should possess UIDAI issued Aadhar card
- Applicants from Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam are required to enter any one of the following:
- Ration card number
- Bank account number
- Passport number
- Any other Government Identity number
- International Applicants should have a valid foreign passport with permits granted for educational purpose. A valid student Visa is also accepted.
7 Simple steps to fill JEE Main Application form.
- Click on JEE Main application form on the Official website
- Register Yourself for JEE Main 2019
- Enter your details in JEE Main application form same as in your matriculation certificate
- upload your scanned photograph, signature and Thumb impression
- Pay your application fee through debit card, credit card or net banking
- Select your exam centers
- Submit Form and take a printout of your application form
How to fill JEE Main Application Form
JEE Main Application Form can be processed in online mode only. Here are the steps to successfully apply for the test:
- Visit the official JEE Main website
- Click on the link “Apply for JEE Main 2019”
- Registration page will appear
- Registration and Login
- A valid email ID, mobile number, and Aadhar card should be kept handy
- All the details should be filled to complete JEE Main Registration
- Easy to remember yet secure password should be entered along with a security question and answer
- After successful registration, an application number will be generated
- Applicants can then log in using the application number and password
- Applicants should fill in all the valid details
- Details such as Nationality, Aadhar card number, and Date of birth should be entered
- Enter personal details such as Postal address, Guardians details, and Phone number
- Fill in the Academic details such as Percentage, College, Board and CGPA
- Candidates are required to upload their recent color photograph and signature to proceed
- Note down the system-generated Application number
There are specific requirements to upload them which are listed below:
- The format required for photograph and signature is jpg/jpeg
- Scanned photographs size between 10 kb to 100 kb
- Signature image in the format should be between 4 kb to 30 KB
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm in width and 1.5 cm in height (only)
- Payment of Application Fee
JEE Main Application Form Fee can be paid in any of the following modes:
- Credit card/Debit card
- While proceeding, select the Credit card/Debit card option and follow the instructions that will appear on a screen.
- To pay the fees using e-challan mode, the bank should be selected from the drop-down menu
- E-challan with all the details will be generated online
- This e-challan should be printed and submitted to the nearest branch of the selected bank
- After the payment is confirmed, acknowledgment page will be available to download
- Applicants should check the details for errors and mistakes and click on submit
Details in JEE Main Application Form
Applicants are required to fill in their personal and academic details wherever required. You must keep the following documents handy before you start filling the application form.
- X and XII-mark sheet
- Aadhar card
Refer the table for details asked in JEE Main Application Form:
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Candidate’s Name||Enter name|
|Father’s Name||Enter Father’s Name as on class XII-mark sheet|
|Mother’s Name||Enter Mother’s Name as on class XII-mark sheet|
|State of Eligibility||Enter the State|
|Category||Fill in the category from the drop-down menu list|
|Date of Birth||Select Date, Month and Year from the drop-down menu|
|Gender||Select from the given options|
|Place of Residence||Enter the City as on the address|
|Aadhaar card number||Fill in as mentioned on the card|
|Year of Passing 10th||Select the year from the drop list|
|School Board of Class 12th||Select the Board from the given list|
|Other details such as Year, Percentage in Marks,
Type of Institution and Roll Number of Class 12th
|Details of Class 12th should be entered correctly|
|Guardian Details such a Qualification, Occupation
and Annual Income
|Select the details from drop down menu|
|Candidate’s Residential Address||Enter Address for further communication|
JEE Main Form Correction
Applicants who have successfully submitted their JEE Main Application Form, can make corrections in their application between October 8 and 14, 2018. It is a one-time facility that allows aspirant to correct the mistake like name of candidate, Date of birth, parents’ name, etc.
- Correction is limited to particular sections only
- Details such as Academic details cannot be corrected
Applicants should avoid typing errors and should keep the documents aside while filling the form. Visit JEE Main 2019.