Last Updated on by
MU OET is conducted exclusively by the Manipal University for candidates who seek admission to its various courses. The entrance examination is conducted on the Online basis every year for granting admission to B.Tech programmes.
MUOET 2019 will be conducted tentatively in the month of May. Candidates can take up the entrance exam for a maximum of 3 times. Exam will be conducted in online mode and result will be declared in the month of July.
MU OET 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Manipal University Online Entrance Test|
|Also Known As||MET|
|MU OET 2019 Exam Date||Second Week of April 2019|
|Conducting Body||Manipal University|
|Number of Applicants||More than 2 lakhs|
|Number of Attempts||Maximum 3|
MU OET 2019 Important Dates
Candidates can check expected exam dates for MU OET 2019 from the table provided below:
|Availability of application form||First week of March 2019|
|Last date to apply for MU OET||Last week of March 2019|
|MU OET 2019 Exam Date||Second week of April 2019|
|MU OET 2019 Result Declaration||July 2019|
MU OET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to gain admission in any of the campuses of Manipal University must meet the prescribed eligibility criteria for MET 2019 which includes the following:-
- Candidates must have cleared their class 12th exam with minimum aggregate.
- Students must have a minimum of 50% marks in PCM along with one of the optional subjects from Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or technical subject. The number of times a candidate can attempt the examination is 3 times.
MUOET 2019 Application form
The application forms for the entrance examination will be available from first week of March, the official dates will be soon notified on the official website. Candidates are advised to keep all the necessary documents required for filling the application handy with them. The steps for filling the form are mentioned below:
- Registration of candidate
Candidates must fill in their personal details correctly in the online application form. Once the all the details are filled and submitted, candidates would receive an Application Number. They are recommended to keep the application number safely as it will be required for future purposes including downloading of admit card, checking result and during the counselling process
- Add contact details
Once all the personal details are entered, in the next step, candidates will have to add their contact details comprising of email Id and Phone Number. In case they do not have a mobile number of their own, they can use the guardian’s number.
Note: Email Id and Phone Number are important criteria as all the important communication regarding Application Number and future correspondence will be communicated through this medium.
- Qualification details and uploading of documents
Candidates will have to upload all the mentioned documents in scanned pdf format. In addition, they will also have to submit a scanned copy of their recently clicked passport size photograph and signature in the mentioned format.
- Selection of Course
Candidates after filling of their personal and contact details must select the course name from the list of courses mentioned. They also will have to mention their preferred center for examination.
- Payment of fees
Once all the documents are uploaded, the candidate will be directed to the next screen for fee payment. The fees can be paid either through online or offline mode. Online mode includes Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Netbanking or offline through the generation of Demand Draft in favor of “Manipal Academy of Higher Education” payable at Manipal.
Candidates must take a print out of the filled in application form, mention the demand draft details in it and courier the same with the documents to the official college address of Manipal University.
- Submission of form
All candidates will have to fill the form online and take a print out of the filled in application form and send it along with the documents to the following address – “The Director, Admissions, Room. No. 102, The Manipal Academy of Higher Education Manipal University, Manipal – 576104”.
MUOET Application Form Fee
The application fee can be paid either by Online or Offline mode after the complete filling of form. Candidates will have to pay a total of Rs 2,500 with Rs 600 as Application Fee and Rs 1,400 as Examination Fee.
However, the candidates attempting for the second time are not required to pay the Application fee and are only liable to pay the examination fee of Rs 1,400.
MU OET 2018 Slot Booking
MU OET is a computer-based test conducted by the Manipal University. Candidates have to book their Online Test Slots prior to the examination. The Online Test Booking for 1st and 2nd Attempt will begin from 01 April 2019 and will be open until 15 April 2019. Students can attempt a total of 3 times for the entrance examination.
Candidates who have scored less than 50% marks in their 1st attempt are only eligible for taking up the entrance test 2nd time. The dates for aspirants attempting for 1st, 2nd and 3rd time will differ accordingly. Candidates are requested to book their preferred examination center along with the preferred date and time immediately after the beginning of slot booking. The booking procedure is completely based on First come First Serve basis.
Process for slot booking:
Candidates must book their preferred slot without delay. The process for slot booking is mentioned below:
- Login: Candidates must log in on the official website of MET by entering their Application Number, password.
- After successful login, they will be directed to the next page displaying the entire information of the candidate including name, gender, etc. Candidates can make the changes required if necessary regarding their personal information. However, no edits will be accepted after the slot booking.
- For slot booking, they have to click on the “Book a seat button”
- Filling of Slot booking form – Students will be directed to the next page wherein they will have to fill the form for MET Slot booking. They have to enter the test name, city, date, test center name and address. (Note: Candidates can select 2 dates in 10 days range.)
- Selection of College: Given from the list, candidates are required to choose their preferred slot for the exam. In case students wish to change the slot, they can cancel and repeat the process again.
- Download of Admit Card – After successful completion of slot booking process, students can generate their Hal Ticket alias Admit Card within 24 hours.
MU OET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can avail for their Admit Card/ Hall Ticket within 24 hours after their online booking of slots. The slot booking dates for 1st and 2nd attempt will be held at the same time, whereas candidates attempting for the 3rd time will have to book their slot separately. The official dates of Online slot booking are yet to be notified and will be released soon.
Details mentioned in Admit Card:
The admit card for MUOET 2019 will comprise of entire information of the candidate with details such as Date, reporting time, time slot for the exam, Application Number, Test Centre Address, Course Name, duration of exam, etc.
All the important instructions mandatory to be followed by candidates on the day of the exam will be listed.
Students are requested to take a print out of the admit card after completely checking the details mentioned and ensure to paste their latest photograph at the bottom in addition to signing in the Admit card.
Candidates must keep the Admit Card safely as the same has to be presented during the counseling process.
MUOET 2019 Exam Centers
The examination will be conducted in a total of 45 centers in India and Dubai. The examination date will be similar for India and Dubai. Candidates will have to book the location of their preferred test center at the time MET 2019 Slot booking. Each center will be given a code which will be mentioned on the Admit card which will be available 24 hours after online slot booking.
MU OET 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates must ensure to check their pattern of examination before commencing their preparation. In addition, they can also go through previous year MU OET Exam Pattern and check through the types of questions asked for getting acquainted with the difficulty levels and question pattern.
- The total number of questions will be 200 and each will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and mainly objective types with each question having options to choose from.
- The questions are divided into 4 sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English & General Aptitude with total weightage of 50, 50, 70, and 30 marks respectively.
MU OET 2019 Result
MET 2019 result will be declared during the first week of May 2019. The official dates for result declaration will be soon notified on the official website of the college. Candidates can check their result by logging in the website.
They can access the MET 2019 result section by logging in using their Application Number and Password. A complete list of rank and merit will be published on the website, along with the All India Rank (AIR).
All the candidates who have passed the examination successfully and its cut-offs will have to go through the counseling session for availing admission. After the counseling, admission will be granted to eligible candidates in either of the participating institutes of MET 2019.
Candidates are requested to take a print out of their Online result which will be an important document for the counseling process in order to gain admission to B.Tech courses in Manipal Universities.
MU OET 2019 Cut off
MET 2019 Cut Off will be determined after taking into consideration several factors such as number of students who have attempted for the exam, the level of difficulty, number of seats available along with past year trends. Based on previous year cut off trends, the candidates can get a sound idea about the opening and closing percentage in the coming session. The cut off is subject to vary for different participating institutions of Manipal University on the basis of the criteria mentioned above.
MU OET 2019 Counselling
All the students who have successfully passed/ qualified the MUOET 2019 entrance examination will be later notified for counseling process which will deem their final eligibility for gaining admission. The Counselling process for MUOET 2019 will begin in the last week of May 2019. It will be conducted in the offline mode. Candidates are requested to be presented on the notified date in the respective venue for attending the session.
Candidates must ensure to follow the mentioned points during the counseling process
- The venue of counseling will be notified to each candidate via email as well as SMS.
- They must be physically present in the venue in the mentioned timings as the process will be conducted through offline mode. Candidates who fail to attend the counseling will not stand a chance for admission nor will the counseling be conducted for them separately on any other day.
- They must report the venue in time and complete the registration process
- The counseling fee has to be paid at the counter in the form of demand draft after which the verification of documents will begin
- After allotment of seat, candidates will be granted allotment letter and fee receipt for the fees paid during counseling.
The fees of counseling will be accepted during the registration process on the day of counseling. The payment of the fee will be done offline in the form of a demand draft. No online payment of the fee will be accepted by the institute. Candidates will have to draw two demand drafts both in favor of “Manipal Academy of Higher Education” payable at Manipal Udupi.
The total payable amount by candidates will be Rs 3,05,000. This is divided into Registration fees of Rs 10,000 and Course Fees of Rs 2,95,000. Which together will make the 1st installment for the course taken. The dates of the remaining installments will be notified on the day of admission.