Last Updated on by
LPUNEST is a national level entrance and scholarship test. It is conducted by LPU (Lovely Professional University) for B. Tech aspirants. The exam is conducted via online mode. Every year more than 75,000 students appear for the exam and the number just keeps increasing every year.
Since it is both an Entrance exam and a Scholarship Test, the exam provides a twofold advantage to all the applicants. The registration for the exam will soon begin and so before that, it is better for all the applicants to know every and all the details of LPUNEST 2019 exam.
To make this knowledge gathering process easier for the applicants, we have listed all the critical information from important dates to exam syllabus below. All the applicants are advised to read the following information carefully.
LPUNEST 2019 Important Dates
The below table represents the complete scheduled of LPUNEST 2019.
|Commencement of Online registration||1st week of October 2018||21st January 2019|
|Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST||20th January 2019||31st March 2019|
|Entrance Examination Dates||21st January – 5th February 2019||5th April – 30th April 2019|
|Slot Booking for Online Examination||1st week of December 2018||1st week of March 2019|
|Declaration of Result||10th February 2019||4th May 2019|
|Commencement of Online counselling and Seat Allocation||4th May onwards|
Courses offered at LPU
- B.Tech (4-year program)
- B.Tech (Hons) (4 years) – These are premium innovative and creative programs offered at LPU in which the applicants have to meet the additional curriculum requirements.
- Dual Degree B.Tech- M.Tech ( 6 years)
- Dual Degree B. Tech- MBA
- Integrated B.Tech- M.Tech Programme ( 5 years)
- Integrated B. Tech- MBA Programme ( 5 years)
LPUNEST 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling out the online application form, all the applicants are highly recommended to carefully read the eligibility criteria of LPUNEST 2019 B.Tech program.
Failing to meet even one eligibility criteria would result in reject of their application form. Below are all the major criteria that the applicants have to meet-
- Nationality– Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply
- Academic Qualification– Applicants appearing for LPUNEST should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in final examination of 10+2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or a reputed board.
- Qualifying Examination– Applicant must pass with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent with (Mathematics, Physics and English).
Note: The combination of subjects vary from course to course-
- For B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT), B.Tech. (Food Technology), B.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering) and Integrated B.Tech. – M.Tech. (Biotechnology) – Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, English & either Maths or Biology or Biotechnology.
- For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE) and B.Tech. (CHE – Petroleum)- Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
LPUNEST 2019 Application Forms
LPUNEST 2019 applications forms will be available to applicants in two formats- online and offline. However, the applicants must note that the hall ticket/ admit card and the result will be available through online mode only.
Online Application Process
Candidates who opt for online application process must follow the steps given below-
- Visit the official website of LPU
- Fill up the LPUNEST 2019 Application form
- Pay the application fees using online payment method through Credit card/Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- The fees for the girls is INR 250 and that for the boys is INR 500.
- Once the application fees are paid, a computer-generated application completion form will be generated. This form needs to be kept safely by the applicant for future references.
Offline Application Process
Candidates who opt for offline application process must follow the steps given below-
- Applicants have to purchase an LPUNEST Kit from University campus/ admission office or any other prescribed center.
- For LPUNEST Kit, both girls and boys have to pay INR 500 as the application fees.
- Once the applicants have obtained the kit, they have to carefully read the LPUNEST Booklet. Furthermore while filling the form, they have to specifically read all the instructions under the heading “Instructions for filling Application Form (OMR Sheet)”.
- Send the complete Application form via post.
Semi-Online Application Process
In case, applicant does not want to send the hard copy of the form, then there is also a semi-online Application process available. In this case, the applicant has to register on the official LPU website.
Then when it is asked if the applicant has purchased the LPUNEST Kit, click “Yes” if you have purchased the kit. Then, fill the OMR sheet no. and the Unique OMR code. Finally, submit and save the copy of the computer generated application completion form.
LPUNEST 2019 Exam Pattern
- The paper is held in offline mode
- The paper consists of total 110 objective type of questions
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes (150 Minutes)
- There is no negative marking in the exam.
The approximate distribution of question is given below-
|Subjects||Number of questions||Marks per question||Maximum marks per subject|
LPUNEST 2019 Counselling and Admission
After the announcement of LPUNEST result, qualified candidates will participate in counselling process through which they will get admission in their desired programs.
The online counselling and seat allocation process will begin from 1st week of May 2019. The Seats will be allotted according to the applicant’s result and preference. Once the seat is allotted, the applicant needs to deposit the prescribed course fee via online transaction or by manually visiting the campus.
Applicants need to follow the steps given below for the counselling and the admission process-
- Check and get you entrance exam Scorecard/ Rank.
- Fill up the college/ seat preference for the process of seat allocation. Depending upon the choice of discipline/ course, applicants can provide any number of preference.
- Based on the availability of the seat, applicant’s rank and seat preferences, the applicants will be allotted seats.
- Once the applicant receives the allotment letter, he/she needs to download it.
- After that, the applicant needs make the initial payment of INR 10,000/- (Application fees: INR 500 (boys); INR 200 (girls). Remaining will be adjusted in the Tuition fees).
Documents Required for LPUNEST Counselling
- Proof of Date of Birth ( Matric certificate, PAN card, Aadhaar card)
- 10+2 Pass Certificate. If in any case, 10+2 certificate is not available at the time of filling the application form, then it can be submitted later on.
- All the submitted documents are to be verified from the original within the prescribed timeline.
LPUNEST 2019 Scholarship
As mentioned at the beginning itself, the LPUNEST 2019 exam is also a scholarship exam which will grant the needed applicants with scholarship and ensure the quality education they deserve. This scholarship is LPU’s own Private Scholarship scheme and is said to be one of India’s biggest private scholarships.
According to the website, “Top 35% applicant” who will qualify the LPUNEST exam will be eligible for a scholarship up to INR 1.5 Lac per annum. The continuance of the scholarship will depend upon the student’s performance in his/her chosen program. The further specific details of the scholarship and its percentage slab are available on LPU’s official website.