JEE Main Result 2019 will be declared in January and April, 2019. NTA is the examination conducting authority of JEE Main 2019. Result for January session will be declared on January 31 while the result declaration for April session is scheduled on April 30. JEE Main Result will be declared through online mode only. Candidates need to login to the official website using their date of birth and roll number.
To view results and download JEE Main Score Card, candidates need to enter their roll number and date of birth with captcha code. Candidates’ scorecard will contain sectional marks, cut off marks for JEE Advanced 2018 and both category wise and All India Rank. Score card is issued only for candidates who have appeared for the exam.
Previous year cut off marks for general category is 81. Top 2,24,000 candidates will be eligible to apply for JEE Advanced which is organized by IIT Kanpur this year. JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for allocation of seats to all the participating IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs. JoSAA Counselling is scheduled to commence in the month June.
JEE Main 2018 Cut Off Marks
Candidates can check the cut off marks for previous year in JEE Main from the table provided. This will give them an idea about the JEE Main 2019 result-
|Common Rank List||111275||350||74|
|OBC – NCL||65313||73||45|
- In 2017, CBSE decided that the top 2.2 lakh rank holders who qualify JEE Main will be eligible for JEE Advanced. The number has been extended this year to shortlist another 4000 rank holders for JEE Advanced.
JEE Main 2018 Result Highlights
Latest News Updates
Candidates can see below prominent stats related to JEE Main 2018 Result declaration:
|Description||No. of Boys||No. of Girls||Transgender||Total|
|Total Candidates Registered for Paper 1||815005||320077||2||1135084|
|Candidates Registered for Offline Exam||639205||258559||2||897766|
|Candidates Registered for Online Exam||175800||61518||–||237318|
|Candidates Appeared for Offline Exam||615242||242321||1||857564|
|Candidates Appeared for Online Exam||161716||55039||–||216755|
|Candidates Qualified for Appearing in JEE Advanced||180331||50693||–||231024|
|JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 results||30th April 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 results||31st May 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date||08 April 2018 (offline mode) & 15th & 16th April 2018 (online mode)|
|Mode of Availability||Online|
|JEE Main 2018 Results Official Website||https://cbseresults.nic.in|
|Details on JEE Main 2018 Scorecard||Normalized Marks obtained in JEE Main, whether candidate has qualified for JEE Advanced, Personal Details|
|Details on JEE Main 2018 Rank Card||All India Rank, State Rank of the candidate, Category Rank, Total Marks scored by the candidate, Section wise Marks obtained by the candidate|
|Details needed for accessing Scorecard||Roll number and Date of Birth of the candidate|
|JEE Main 2018 Counselling||June 2018|
|JEE Main Helpline Desk Email IDemail@example.com|
|JEE Main helpline desk||7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529|
Important Dates for JEE Main 2019 Result
Candidates can refer to the schedule mentioned below for JEE Main 2019 Result and subsequent processes:
|JEE Main 2019 Paper I||Jan 6, 2019 to Jan 20, 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Paper II||April 6, 2019 to April 20, 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 results||31st January 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Paper 2 results||30th April 2019|
|JEE Advanced 2019 Exam date||20th May 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Counselling||June 2019|
JEE Main 2018 All India Toppers’ List
For list of JEE Main state-wise toppers’ list, click here.
|2||K V R Hemant Kumar Chodipilli||2||350|
|7||Bhaskar Arun Gupta||7||345|
|9||Simarpreet Singh Saluja||9||345|
|10||Gosulu Vinayaka Srivardhan||10||341|
|14||Jatoth Shiva Tarun||14||340|
|15||Pinnamreddy Lokeshwar Reddy||15||340|
|17||Atulya Kumar Verma||17||338|
How to Check JEE Main 2019 Result? JEE Main 2018 result will be available on the official website. To view result, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of NTA
- Click on the direct link for “JEE Main Paper I /Paper II Result”.
- Enter Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on submit button.
- Once redirected to JEE Main 2019 Result, candidates can check their scorecard, sectional marks, category wise ranks and all India Rank.
- Save and download your scorecard. Take multiple copies of the scorecard for future reference.
JEE Main Score Card
Details on JEE Main 2019 scorecard
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- Date of Birth
- Mother’s Name and Father’s Name
- Category and subcategory
- State code of eligibility
- Marks obtained in each subject – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM)
- Total marks obtained by candidate
- All India Rank (AIR)
- Category Rank
- Status to appear for JEE Advanced 2019
- Cut off score for appearing in JEE Advanced 2019
Formula to calculate JEE Main Score
|JEE Main Score = 4 marks x number of correct answers – number of wrong answers x 1|
JEE Main Score Normalization
- JEE Main Rank List is prepared after finding a composite score of JEE Main scores and Normalized Marks of Class XII in the ratio of 60:40.
- The total marks (of all five subjects) obtained/shown on the mark-sheet of a particular year are required in JEE Main and also in JEE (Advanced).
- If a candidate has appeared in six subjects in the qualifying examination, the last subject (fifth or sixth) with better marks will be considered.
- Candidate should keep in mind that percentage of marks and percentile are totally different entities.
- Percentile number of candidates in your board with lesser aggregate marks×100Total number of candidates in the group
- Percentage =marks obtained×100 (Maximum mark which can be obtained)
JEE Main Answer Key
NTA is responsible for issuing JEE Main Official Answer Key. The answer key along with the image of OMR sheet and machine recorded responses will be published on the official site. Download the answer key using the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main 2019
- Click on the link, “View/Challenge – Answer Key of Paper I”
- Enter Application Number and Password along with the security pin
- Next, click on “Challenge of Answer Key”
- Two options will be available on next screen – “View Answer Keys” and “Challenge Answer Keys”
- View the answer key and save the pdf file on your system
The same steps can be followed to view/download image of OMR response sheets and actual responses recorded by the machine. Additionally, candidates have option to challenge the answer keys in case they are not satisfied with the response.
JEE Main 2019 Rank List
JEE Main All India Ranks and state ranks are assigned at the time of announcement of the result. JEE Merit Rank list will take into account the scores in JEE Main only. However, there will be a separate list for each category. Tie-breaking rules that are pre-determined by NTA will be applicable in case two candidates obtain the same score:
Tie Breaking Criteria (Paper 1):
- Higher marks in Mathematics, the candidate will be given better rank.
- Higher marks in Chemistry, the candidate will be given better rank.
- Higher marks in Physics, the candidate will be given better rank.
- By finding the ratio of negative and positive marks. Students who are having higher absolute value will be given a better rank.
- If the tie still persists, same JEE Main rank will be given.
Tie Breaking Criteria (Paper 2):
- Higher marks in the Aptitude test, candidate will be given better rank
- Higher marks in a drawing, a candidate will be given better rank
- By finding the ratio of negative and positive marks. Students who are having higher absolute value will be given better rank
- If the tie still persists, same JEE Main rank will be given
Note: For seat allotment to state quota seats, respective counselling authorities in each state will publish their own merit list based on JEE Main All India Ranks.
JEE Main 2019 Cut-off
Cut off marks are the minimum score required to qualify JEE Main 2019 and to apply for JEE Advanced. The cut-off will be published along with the result. JEE Main Cut off will depend upon various factors like total number of students appeared in the exam, overall difficulty level, etc. Find below the expected cutoff score for JEE Main 2019.
JEE Main Marks Vs Rank
|301 to 326||1 – 9|
|281 to 300||10 – 83|
|261 to 280||84 – 244|
|241 to 260||245 – 706|
|221 to 240||707 – 1755|
|201 to 220||1756 – 4163|
|181 to 200||4164 – 8997|
|161 to 180||8998 – 18371|
|141 to 160||18372 – 35928|
|121 to 140||35929 – 67649|
|101 to 120||67651 – 125722|
|81 to 100||125723 – 237034|
|61 to 80||237035 – 463443|
|41 to 60||463444 – 844544|
|21 to 40||844546 – 1093113|
|1 to 20||1093115 – 1121966|
What is the basic difference between Percentage and Percentile
Candidates are advised to know the clear difference between percentage and percentile as for admission to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. To eligible for this institutions, candidates should be either in top 20 percentile in qualifying examination from a recognized board or should have scored 75% or more aggregate marks in class 12th exam. Check the percentage and percentile calculation facts from table below.
|Percentage = number obtained / total x 100. Eg. 50/360 x100||Percentile = 100 x Number of candidates in the group with aggregate marks less than the candidates/ Total number of candidates in the group|
Subjects Needed for calculating Percentile:
The top 20 percentile will be considered from the below given five subjects for fulfilling the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria:
- Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject)
- Any other subject
Those who have taken 6 subjects in their qualifying examination then their fifth subjects will be calculated from either fifth or sixth subjects on the basis of a better score. Top 20 percentile will be calculated for JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan) from the following subjects:
- Other four subjects
Get complete details for top 20% of School Boards in the qualifying examination.
JEE Main 2019 Counselling
- JEE Main 2019 Counselling will commence from the month of June 2019.
- The counselling procedure of JEE Main will be regulated by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) and CSAB.
- Only qualified candidates in JEE Main Exam are eligible to attend the counselling process for seat allocation in all the participating Colleges (except IITs).
- Candidates with at least 75% aggregate marks in Class XII are eligible to apply for JoSAA (60% for reserved category candidates).
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will organize joint counselling session for JEE Main (All India Rank) & JEE Advanced. Candidates have to register online and provide preferences for colleges and branches.
- Counselling is expected to comprise 6 rounds of online choice filling and seat allotment. JoSAA Seat Matrix for all the institutes will be released in due course.
- Seat availability for each course across all the institutes will be published and updated after completion of each round on jossa.nic.in.
- JoSSA Counselling is conducted for admission to 93 IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs including ISM Dhanbad.
- CSAB will organize the special counselling rounds for admission to SFTIs (Self-Financed Technical Institutes) and NEUTs (North Eastern and Union Territory Institutes).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans: JEE Main Paper 2 result will be declared in the month of May 2018.
Ans: No. But few private colleges give admission to students; on the basis of their marks in senior secondary.
Ans: It depends on the cut off which will be released with JEE Main Result.
Ans: The minimum marks would be expected that:
|Category||Cut Off score|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||35|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||30|
|Other backward classes (OBC)||50|
Ans: Click here to check.
Ans: As per the information bulletin; it will be declared on 30th April 2018 for JEE Main Paper 1.
Ans: JEE Main Answer key will be released on 24th April 2018 and will appeared in the official website till 27th April 2018.
Ans: No; Those who cleared JEE Main need to appear in JEE Advanced 2018 which is the gateway to get admission in IITs, NITs and GFTs,
Ans: Click here to predict your college according to JEE Main Scorecard.
Ans: Check from here.
Ans: Wait for the JEE Main Cut and JEE advanced is the gateway to get admission in IITs.