Aspirants who are seeking to admission into the top engineering colleges in India i.e. IITs, NITs and CFTs, should have the knowledge about Eligibility Criteria. This year NTA has declared the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2019. Before filling the Application form candidate must fulfill their eligibility criteria, otherwise form will be rejected. This year JEE Main 2019 Exam will be conducted twice- January and April. So I am sharing this article all the brief details about the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019. Every aspect which you don’t know about eligibility criteria are described below with easy way that you can get easily and know are you eligible or not for the JEE Main 2019?
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility:
An aspirant who fulfill the below-given requirements will be eligible to appear for JEE Main 2019. So it is necessary to all the candidates that please go through the eligibility criteria which is declared by NTA(National Test Agency):
- Age Limit
- Subject needed for the Qualifying examination
- Percentile in the qualifying exam
- Number of attempts
Now I am going to discuss these above-mentioned topics with detailed information:
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019:
This year there is no age limit to appear in JEE Main 2019. Candidate should have passed class XII in 2017, 2018 or 2019 appearing students are also eligible. Appearing students must ensure the right information while filling the form, if wrong information found then their result or rank will not be announce.
- Candidate must passed XII with atleast 75% marks or top 20 percentile conducted by respective boards.
- Candidate who are passed class 12th in 2017, 2018 are eligible for JEE Main 2019 exam.
- An Aspirant who is appearing in the qualifying examination in 2019 are also eligible for the exam.
Subjects needed for the Qualifying Examination:
It is necessary to take 5 subjects in their qualifying examination for an aspirant.
For both exam these vary as per the exam:
- Anyone (Chemistry Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subjects)
- Any other Subject (like Physical Education)
- Mathematics (compulsory)
- Anyone of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject)
- Any other subject
Percentile in the qualifying exam:
- An Aspirant who is seeking to admission into IIIT’s, NIT’s and GFT’s must secured 75% in their senior secondary or came into top 20 percentile in their senior secondary which is conducted by the respective boards.
- For SC/ST aspirants the percentile should be 65% in the senior secondary examination.
Number of Attempts:
Aspirants can attempt 3 times in a consecutive year. The Same thing is also applied for JEE Advanced 2019.
An aspirant is eligible if they qualify in any of the following examination which are given below:
- Senior Secondary and equivalent Exam which is conducted by CBSE or any recognized boards.
- Who appearing the Senior Secondary.
- Have pursuing 2 years course (Joint Service Wing) From National Defense Academy.
- Have passed from NIOS.
- Aspirants who have the diploma in engineering or pursuing his technical diploma from the top university.
- Aspirants who want admission into IITs if they have General Certificate Education (GCE) exam at Advanced (A) level certificates.
- High School Certificate Examination by Cambridge University also for IITs.
Aadhaar Card Availability:
- This is the important aspects which are important for JEE Main from 2017 because when an aspirant filling their application form then their aadhaar card is mandatory. Aspirants will provide their aadhaar number, name, DOB, and gender for the identification and authentication process.
- If an aspirants provide wrong details at the time of application form filling then their application form is rejected because of their all detailed matching at the time of examination.
- Candidate who have enrolled for their Aadhaar and have not received yet they can enter 14 digit enrollment id which is printed on the enrollment slip.
So it is too necessary to all the aspirants that ensure the data you are providing must be correct.
JEE Main Exam Centers 2019:
An aspirant who passed their qualifying exam from a state and they applied for an improvement from another state that means aspirants must select their state where they originally passed their qualifying examination.
|Name of State/ UT||Code||Name of State/ UT||Code|
|Arunachal Pradesh||AL||Lakshadweep (UT)||LD|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands(UT)||AN||Maharashtra||MR|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||DN||Odisha||OR|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||DD||Puducherry (UT)||PO|
|Jammu & Kashmir||JK||Uttar Pradesh||UP|
|Foreign/OCI/PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||ZZ|
These all are important details about JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
Click here for JEE Main Exam Dates 2019