To be eligible for JEE Main 2019, aspirants must fall in the top 20 percentile of class 12th. Before filling the Application form, candidates must fulfill their eligibility criteria, otherwise the form will be rejected. This year JEE Main 2019 will be conducted twice- January and April. So, I am sharing this article with all the brief details about the JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria. The eligible candidates can use their jeemain.nic.in login to know JEE Main exam centers
Latest Update– NTA has released mock tests at their official site.
It is a great opportunity if you are eligible for JEE Main 2019 as you will get 2 attempts in a single year. Thus, you must have the best study material that will help you score well in the exam.
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
|Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
|SRM University AP B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility:
An aspirant who fulfills the below-given requirements will be eligible to appear for JEE Main 2019. So, it is important for all the candidates to go through the eligibility criteria:
- Age Limit
- Subject needed for the Qualifying examination
- Percentile in the qualifying exam
- Number of attempts
Now I am going to discuss these above-mentioned topics with detailed information:
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019:
This year there is no age limit to appear in JEE Main 2019. Candidate should have passed class XII in 2017, 2018 or 2019 appearing students in order to be eligible. Appearing students must ensure the right information while filling the form, if wrong information is found, then their result or rank will not be announced.
- Candidate must pass XII with minimum 75% marks or top 20 percentile conducted by respective boards
- Candidate who have passed class 12th in 2017, 2018 are eligible for JEE Main 2019 exam
- An aspirant who is appearing in the qualifying examination in 2019 is also eligible for the exam
Subjects needed for the Qualifying Examination:
It is necessary to take 5 subjects in their qualifying examination for an aspirant.
For both exam these vary as per the exam:
- Anyone (Chemistry Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subjects)
- Any other Subject (like Physical Education)
- Mathematics (compulsory)
- Anyone of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject)
- Any other subject
Latest News Updates
Percentile in the qualifying exam:
- An Aspirant who is seeking to admission into IIIT’s, NIT’s and GFT’s must have secured 75% in their senior secondary or came into top 20 percentile in their senior secondary which is conducted by the respective boards.
- For SC/ST aspirants the percentile should be 65% in the senior secondary examination.
Number of Attempts:
Aspirants can attempt 3 times in a consecutive year. The same thing is also applied for JEE Advanced 2019.
An aspirant is eligible if they qualify in any of the following examinations which are given below:
- Senior Secondary and equivalent Exam which is conducted by CBSE or any recognized boards.
- Who is appearing for the Senior Secondary.
- Pursuing 2 years course (Joint Service Wing) From National Defense Academy.
- Have passed from NIOS.
- Aspirants who have a diploma in engineering or pursuing their technical diploma from top universities.
- Aspirants who want admission into IITs if they have General Certificate Education (GCE) exam at Advanced (A) level certificates.
- High School Certificate Examination by Cambridge University also for IITs.
Aadhaar Card Availability:
- This is a crucial aspect which is important for JEE Main from 2017 because when an aspirant is filling their application form, their aadhaar card is mandatory. Aspirants will provide their aadhaar number, name, DOB, and gender for the identification and authentication process.
- If aspirants provide wrong details at the time of application form filling, then their application form is rejected because of mismatched details at the time of examination.
- Candidates who have enrolled for their Aadhaar and have not received it, can enter 14-digit enrollment id which is printed on the enrollment slip.
So, it is essential for all the aspirants to ensure the data provided is correct.
JEE Main Exam Centers 2019:
An aspirant who cleared their qualifying exam from a state and applied for an improvement from another state must select their state from where they originally passed their qualifying examination.
|Name of State/ UT||Code||Name of State/ UT||Code|
|Arunachal Pradesh||AL||Lakshadweep (UT)||LD|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands(UT)||AN||Maharashtra||MR|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||DN||Odisha||OR|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||DD||Puducherry (UT)||PO|
|Jammu & Kashmir||JK||Uttar Pradesh||UP|
|Foreign/OCI/PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||ZZ|
These all are important details about JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria. Kindly make sure you are aware of them and arrange the missing documents in the shortest time.
Click here for JEE Main Exam Dates 2019