Last Updated on by
In order to fill the Application form for JEE Main 2020 , you must fulfil JEE Main eligibility criteria, otherwise the form will be rejected. From 2019, JEE Main is conducted twice- January and April. So, this article will provide all the brief details about JEE Main Eligibility Criteria. The eligible candidates can use their jeemain.nic.in login to know JEE Main exam centers.
The eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2020 include age limit, qualification, number of attempts & state eligibility. The candidate must check eligibility criteria before starting the JEE Main registration process. The registration process for April session is started from February 7, 2020 and remains open till March 6, 2020. Candidates who do not meet any JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 parameter will not be entitled to apply; even a small change in the Class 12 minimum mark requirement can make a request invalid.
Note- You can download JEE Main Admit Card from March 17, 2020.
You must clearly understand the JEE Main Eligibility criteria before starting the registration process. If at any point you are found ineligible, you will not be allowed to appear for the exam. In such a case, your application fees will not be refunded. JEE Main eligibility includes your age, qualification and category. There is a different eligibility for each category aspirant that you must meet.
Changes in JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
NTA has introduced some changes in the JEE Main eligibility criteria.
- Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology are mandatory subject in the qualifying examination to eligible for Paper-1
- Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics as main subject in class 12 to eligible for Paper-2
- Mathematics as core subject for Paper-3
- Age is no bar.
JEE Main Eligibility 2020:
An aspirant who fulfills the below-given requirements will be eligible to appear for JEE Main 2020. So, it is important for all the candidates to go through the JEE Main eligibility criteria:
- Age Limit
- Subject needed for the Qualifying examination
- Percentile in the qualifying exam
- Number of attempts
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria:
For 2020, There is no age limit to apply for JEE Main 2020. Candidate should have passed class XII in 2018, 2019 or 2020 appearing students in order to be eligible. Appearing students must ensure the right information while filling the form. In case of any discrepancy, their result or rank will not be announced.
- Candidate must pass XII with minimum 75% marks or top 20 percentile conducted by respective boards.
- Candidate who have passed class 12th in 2018, 2019 are eligible for JEE Main 2020 exam.
- An aspirant who is appearing for the qualifying examination in 2020 is also eligible for the exam.
Subjects needed for the Qualifying Examination:
It is necessary to take 5 subjects in their qualifying examination for an aspirant.
For both exam these vary as per the exam:
- Anyone (Chemistry Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subjects)
- Any other Subject (like Physical Education)
- Mathematics (compulsory)
- Anyone of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject)
- Any other subject
Percentile in the qualifying exam:
- An Aspirant who is seeking to admission into IIIT’s, NIT’s and GFT’s must have secured 75% in their senior secondary or came into top 20 percentile in their senior secondary which is conducted by the respective boards.
- For SC/ST aspirants the percentile should be 65% in the senior secondary examination.
Number of Attempts:
Aspirants can attempt the examination for 3 consecutive years whereas he/she can attempt the JEE Advance examination for 2 consecutive years.
An aspirant is eligible if they qualify in any of the following examinations which are given below:
- Senior Secondary and equivalent Exam which is conducted by CBSE or any recognized boards.
- Who is appearing for the Senior Secondary.
- Pursuing 2 years course (Joint Service Wing) From National Defense Academy.
- Have passed from NIOS.
- Aspirants who have a diploma in engineering or pursuing their technical diploma from top universities.
- Aspirants who want admission into IITs if they have General Certificate Education (GCE) exam at Advanced (A) level certificates.
- High School Certificate Examination by Cambridge University also for IITs.
Aadhar Card Availability:
- This is a crucial aspect which is important for JEE Main from 2017 because when an aspirant is filling their application form, their aadhar card is mandatory. Aspirants will provide their aadhar number, name, DOB, and gender for identification and authentication process.
- If aspirants provide wrong details at the time of application form filling, then their application form is rejected because of mismatched details at the time of examination.
- Candidates who have enrolled for their Aadhar and have not received it, can enter 14-digit enrollment id which is printed on the enrollment slip.
So, it is essential for all aspirants to ensure the data provided is correct.
JEE Main Exam Centers 2020:
An aspirant who cleared their qualifying exam from a state and applied for an improvement from another state must select their state from where they originally passed their qualifying examination. Check the following list of codes of state code of eligibility:-
|Name of State/ UT||Code||Name of State/ UT||Code|
|Arunachal Pradesh||AL||Lakshadweep (UT)||LD|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands(UT)||AN||Maharashtra||MR|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||DN||Odisha||OR|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||DD||Puducherry (UT)||PO|
|Jammu & Kashmir||JK||Uttar Pradesh||UP|
|Foreign/OCI/PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||ZZ|
These all are important details about JEE Main Eligibility Criteria. Kindly make sure you are aware of them and arrange the missing documents in the shortest time.