NTA is all set to conduct the first session of JEE Main 2019. It will a new experience for aspirants as the exam will be in completely online mode. There is no official declaration about JEE Main dress code for aspirants. However, with the recent experience of NTA-conducted UGC NET exam, candidates are expected to be dressed very simply.
Check complete list of JEE Main exam centres here
The exam will be conducted in winter session for the very first time, unlike the previous sessions in April. Hence, a need for the JEE Main dress code is felt by aspirants to avoid any last moment cancellations of exam. There has been no official release by NTA on JEE Main dress code. However, you must avoid any wearing anything that makes it difficult for officials to do the security check.
JEE Main Security Measures
JEE Main is a national level examination and students prepare very hard to get through the exam. Hence, it is necessary to maintain the decorum at exam centre to ensure that no unfair means are used during the exam. Hence, authorities have taken several measures like installing CCTV cameras in all class rooms at the exam centre.
Additionally, 40,000 network jammers have also been installed at the exam centre so that nobody has an access to mobile phones even if they manage to hide it during the security check in. A third-party audit is also expected a day before the exam. By doing all this, authorities are doing their best to minimize the instances of cheating in the exam.
JEE Main Dress code
This is the first time ever that JEE Main will be conducted in January, when the country experiences winter temperatures. Therefore, it is not possible to expect that aspirants wear half-sleeve clothes. There are, thus, increased chances of using unfair means like hiding chits underneath clothes, shoes, etc. So, it is advised that you follow the below mentioned instructions as you dress up for JEE Main exam-
- Wear light colored clothes
- Avoid clothes with several folds and drapes
- There should not be many pockets in your clothes
- Your clothes should not have big buttons
- Do not wear caps or high boots
- Do not wear any jewelry or metallic items
In case you are required to wear your customary dress, which is not in accordance to JEE Main dress code, you must reach the exam centre well in advance. You should cooperate with the security officials to conduct a proper security check before you proceed for the exam.
Read JEE Main exam day tips here
Things Banned at JEE Main Exam Centre
At JEE Main exam centres, you need to carry minimum things that you can as authorities would not take any responsibility in case of any loss. There is no provision to keep anything at the exam centres. Here is a list of things that are not allowed to maintain JEE Main security-
- Pen/pencil/paper (It will be an online test, sheets for rough work will be provided by authority)
- Eatables (You are not allowed to eat anything during the exam)
- Water bottle (it will be available at the exam centre)
- Electronic devices (mobiles, tablets, calculators)
- Smart watches
- Studying material
- Log tables
- Slide rules
Note– In case you are a diabetic person, you can carry fruits, sugar tables, or biscuits and transparent water bottle to the exam center. You cannot carry packaged food or drinks.
Latest News Updates
Documents needed on JEE Main exam day
In addition to following JEE Main dress code, you need to carry some important documents at the exam centre. These documents will be needed at various stages like your entry into the exam centre, proof of your identity, etc. Here are the list of documents-
- Colored printout of JEE Main Admit card
- Passport size photo for attendance sheet (same as uploaded on application form)
- Photo ID, both original and photocopy (Driving license, Aadhar card, pan card, etc.)
- Disability certificate by PwD candidates (issued by competent authority)
People also Read