JEE Main Application form 2019 has been released from September 1st 2018. Last date for submitting the application form is September 30th 2018 (upto 11:50pm). JEE Main 2019 Exam will be conducted between January 1 to 20 January, 2019 (Sunday). From this year, JEE Main Exam will be conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency). Application form will be filled through online mode only. Candidate must check their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidate can submit their application fees till October 1, 2018 through Credit/Debit Card/ Net Banking up to 11.50 p.m. and through e-challan upto bank hours. From this year JEE Main 2019 will be conducted twice before taking admission in academic session.
JEE Main April exam will be conducted between 6-20 April, 2019 (Sunday). While filling the Application form Candidate have to register through any one valid ID Proof like Aadhaar Card, Bank Account no., Student ID. After that they will be able to fill the JEE Main application form. Every year some change will be made so candidate should read Instructions carefully before filling. If any mistake will be done by candidate then he/she can correct it between October 8, 2018 to October 14, 2018. JEE Main Application Form 2019 is available on the official website: www.nta.ac.in and www.jeemain.nic.in.
For more information about JEE Main 2019. Click here
Here are few key points about JEE Main Application Form:
- JEE Main is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) from 2019 onwards.
- JEE Main is for aspirants seeking admission to B.E./B. Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning courses in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other engineering colleges.
- The academic eligibility of the aspirants for appearing in JEE Main 2019 should have secured at lease 75% marks in 12th exam or in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by respective boards.
- There is a relaxation for SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks should be 65% marks in 12th examination.
- NTA has removed the age limit criteria. Candidates who have passed class XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age are eligible in JEE Main examination 2019.
- For filling the form prepare following documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- X and XII certificate issued by respective boards.
- Gmail ID (valid)
- Valid Mobile number
- Scanned photographs, Signature, Parent’s/Guardian Signature.
JEE Main Application Form Important Dates
JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in various cities across India and International cities. Candidates have to select four cities for Paper-1 or Paper-2 or both Paper-1 and Paper-2 while applying the application form. Here the necessary events and their respective dates are given below:
|Events||January Exam||April Exam|
|Online Application form Start||September 01, 2018||February 08, 2019|
|Last Date for online Application form||September 30, 2018||March 07, 2019|
|Date for filling the application fee||September 01, 2018||February 08, 2019|
|Last Date for filling the application fee||October 01, 2018||March 08, 2019|
|Date of Examination||Between 06.01.2019 (Sunday) to 20.01.2019 (Sunday)||Between 06.04.2019 (Sunday), to 20.04.2019 (Saturday)|
|Declaration of Result on NTA‟s website||By 31st January, 2019||By 30th April, 2019|
JEE Main Application Fee:
Fees for Exam centers opted in India:
|Fees for Exam Centers opted in India||Category||Boys||Girls|
|Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||500||250|
|Both Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning||General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||900||450|
Fees For Exam centers opted Outside India:
|Fees for Exam Centers opted Outside India||Category||Boys||Girls|
|Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||2000||1000|
|Both Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)*||3000||1500|
Additionally processing fees:
- Rs 5.00 and 18% GST will be applicable as the processing fee via Net Banking payment
- 0.80% of Fee+GST (Minimum Rs 11/-) will be applicable as the processing fee via Domestic Credit card.
- 3.50% of Fee+GST (Minimum Rs 11/-) will be applicable as the processing fee via International Credit card.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility
The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main is secured at least 75% marks or top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by respective boards. If the aspirants belonging to reserved category(SC/ST), the qualifying marks would be 65% in 12th Examination.
Subject combination required for taking admission in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTI colleges in various courses namely B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning.
|Course||Criteria for eligible in JEE Main 2019 Examination|
|B.E/B.TECH||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|B.ARCH./B.PLANNING||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.|
- From this year no age limit criteria. Candidate who have passed XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 can appear in JEE Main 2019 exam.
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th for appearing in exam. The candidates who have taken four subject in XII examination are not eligible for JEE Main 2019 examination.
- If 2019 appearing student furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
- JEE Main aspirants with Indian citizenship should possess UIDAI issued Aadhaar card.
- Applicants from Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam are required to enter any one of the following:
- Ration card number
- Bank account number
- Passport number
- Any other Government Identity number
- International Applicants should have a valid foreign passport with permits granted for educational purpose. A valid student Visa is also accepted.
7 Simple steps to fill JEE Main Application form.
- Click on the JEE Main application form on the Official website
- Register Yourself for JEE Main 2019
- Enter your details in JEE Main application form same as in your matriculation certificate
- upload your scanned photograph, signature and Thumb impression
- Pay your application fee through debit card, credit card or net banking
- Select your exam centers
- Submit Form and take a printout of your application form.
How to Fill JEE Application Main Form
JEE Main Application Form can be processed in online mode only. Here are the steps to successfully apply for the test:
- Visit the official JEE Main website
- Click on the link “Apply for JEE Main 2019”
- Registration page will appear
- Registration and Login.
- A valid email ID, mobile number, and Aadhaar card should be kept handy.
- All the details should be filled to complete JEE Main Registration.
- Easy to remember yet secure password should be entered along with a security question and answer.
- After successful registration, an application number will be generated.
- Applicants can then log in using the application number and password.
- Applicants should fill in all the valid details.
- Details such as Nationality, Aadhaar card number, and Date of birth should be entered.
- Enter personal details such as Postal address, Guardians details, Phone number.
- Fill in the Academic details such as Percentage, College, Board and CGPA.
- Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Candidates are required to upload their recent color photograph and signature to proceed.
- Note down the system generated Application number.
There are specific requirements to upload them which are listed below:
- The format required for photograph and signature is jpg/jpeg.
- Scanned photographs size between 10 kb to 100 kb.
- Signature image in the format should be between 4 kb to 30 KB.
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm in width and 1.5 cm in height (only).
- Payment of Application Fee
JEE Main application Form Fee can be paid in any of the following modes:
- Credit card/Debit card
- While proceeding, select the Credit card/Debit card option and follow the instructions that will appear on a screen.
- To pay the fees using e-challan mode, the bank should be selected from the drop-down menu.
- E-challan with all the details will be generated online.
- This e-challan should be printed and submitted to the nearest branch of the bank which was selected.
- After the payment is confirmed, the acknowledgment page will be available to download.
- Applicants should check the details for errors and mistakes and click on submit.
Details in JEE Main Form
Applicants are required to fill in their personal and academic details wherever required.
Applicants should keep the following details handy:
- X and XII-mark sheet
- Aadhaar card
Refer the table for details asked in JEE Main Form:
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Candidate’s Name||Enter name|
|Father’s Name||Enter Father’s Name as on class XII-mark sheet|
|Mother’s Name||Enter Mother’s Name as on class XII-mark sheet|
|State of Eligibility||Enter the State|
|Category||Fill in the category from the drop-down menu list|
|Date of Birth||Select Date, Month and Year from the drop-down menu|
|Gender||Select from the given options|
|Place of Residence||Enter the City as on the address|
|Aadhaar card number||Fill in as mentioned on the card|
|Year of Passing 10th||Select the year from the drop list|
|School Board of Class 12th||Select the Board from the given list|
|Other details such as Year, Percentage in Marks,
Type of Institution and Roll Number of Class 12th
|Details of Class 12th should be entered correctly|
|Guardian Details such a Qualification, Occupation
and Annual Income
|Select the details from drop down menu|
|Candidate’s Residential Address||Enter Address for further communication|
JEE Main Form Correction
Applicants who have successfully submitted their JEE Main Application Form could make corrections in their application from 08th October 2018 to 14th October 2018.
The conducting board, CBSE has been released the Application correction window for the applicants who made some errors while filling the form.
- Correction is limited to particular sections only
- Details such as Academic details cannot be corrected.
Applicants should avoid typing errors and should keep the documents aside while filling the form. Visit JEE Main 2019.