JEE Main 2019 Admit card is scheduled for release on December 17, 2018. JEE Main will be conducted between January 6 and 20, 2019. You can download the admit card in December 2018 from the official site of NTA. To get the admit card, students need to submit application number, password and security pin.
Admit card is very important because if you don’t carry it to the exam center on the exam day, you will not be allowed to sit for the exam. You must take a printout of the admit card when it is released by the authority in December. You should keep it safe till the admission process is complete. You will need the admit card even during JEE Main Counselling process.
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
|Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
|SRM University AP B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
Latest Update:- NTA has released JEE Main 2019 Exam Centers list online. Check Here
The authority give a chance to the candidates who have not able to download their aadhaar card can correct their details through correction form. Click Here to correct.
- Notice for e-Admit Card. Download now
- Notice for equivalency for question papers. Download now
- Notice for reporting time schedule. Download now
JEE Main Admit Card 2019
Applicants who have successfully registered for JEE Main 2019 can download their admit card from jeemain.nic.in. No separate mode is available for aspirants to download the admit card. If you reach the examination center without admit card, you shall not be permitted to sit for the exam. Admit card holds crucial importance during the counselling process as it is one of the documents required at that time.
The below-given details are mentioned in applicants admit card:
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s Roll Number
- Applicant’s Father Name
- Exam Centre Name & Address
- Exam Centre Code
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
- Exam Date & Timing
- State of eligibility
- Applicant Photo
- Applicant Signature
- Mode of question paper
- Instruction before appearing for Exam
Watch this Video to check how to download JEE Main Admit Card?
JEE Main Slot Booking
The authority will not provide any facility for i.e. slot booking from the upcoming exam. Earlier, candidates expected that they will be allowed to pick their own time and date slots since the exam was scheduled across multiple seating plan.
However, NTA later released an official notification stating that the authority will allot the date and time slots along with the stipulated center for all the successful applicants. The date and time slot for JEE Main Paper 1 and Paper 2 have been announced by the authority. January session will take place between 6 and 20 January, 2019, while the April session will be conducted between 6 and 20 April, 2019
Schedule for JEE Main 2019:
NTA has decided to conduct JEE Main 2019 in 2 shifts.
- Shift 1– 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Shift 2– 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Latest News Updates
|JEE Main January 2019||First shift||Second shift|
|Timing of Examination||9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.||2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Entry in the Examination Centre*||7.30 a.m. – Upto 8.30 a.m.||12.30 p.m. – Upto 1.30 p.m.|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.
|1.45 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 a.m. to 9.15 a.m.||2.00 p.m. to 2.15 p.m|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 a.m.||2.15 p.m.|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 a.m. to 9.25 a.m.||2.15 p.m. to 2.25 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9.30 a.m.||2.30 p.m.|
|Test Concludes||12.30 p.m.
How to Download JEE Main Admit Card
Candidates can download hall ticket by visiting the official website:
Applicants can follow the instructions for downloading admit card given below.
- Click on official site i.e. https://jeemain.nic.in
- Enter the required information which includes Application number, date of birth and the Captcha Code
- After filling the form, click on login button
- Now the admit card will be shown on your screen
- You can first download the admit card, and then take a print out of it
What if any applicant forgets the application number?
In case any applicants who forget their application number can follow the given instruction:
- Go to the official link which is mentioned above.
- Then click on Forget application number link.
- Fill the required details from which you can get your application number.
- Now follow the instructions given above.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Centers:
NTA will conduct this exam in various centers across India as well as in a few foreign countries. The tentative list of Exam Centers published in the official bulletin indicates 264 cities in India and 9 cities abroad where the exam will be conducted.
Applicants have already filled their preferred exam centers at the time of filling the application form. They have to give preference for four cities. You can check all the exam centers details by clicking here.
JEE Main Exam Pattern:
JEE Main Exam Pattern is discussed below. The time duration given for both the exams is same i.e. 3 hours.
Online & Offline Mode
|Exam Name||Subject||Question Type|
|Paper 1 (B.Tech/B.E)||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||MCQ type question having equal weightage for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)||Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing||For mathematics and aptitude MCQ type question but for drawing it is drawing aptitude|
Important instructions for applicants:
- Applicants should carry a print out of the admit card
- They should carry their Aadhar Cards
- Applicants who belong to PwD category must bring their PwD category certificates or IDs
- Calculator, Cell Phone, Pagers, Log table, textual-material, Slide rules and other electronics items are not allowed in the exam centers
- For pen and paper-based exam, the applicants should carry their clipboards
- No applicant is allowed in the exam center without his/her admit card
- If an applicant is found cheating or adopting any unfair means, it will lead to cancellation of their candidature and he/she will not be eligible for giving the exam
- Check all the details mentioned on your admit card. If any mistake is found, then they must immediately call the JEE Main Joint Secretariat
- Applicants are suggested to reach their exam centers 2.5 hours before the exam
- It is mandatory for them to have an ID proof in exam centers
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
Answer: In this case, you have to reset your password. You need to follow below given steps:
- Visit the official website @jeemain.nic.in
- Then you need to click on “Forget Password” link.
- To Answer the security question
- A verification code will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Reset Password link will be sent to your registered email ID
- Then you need to visit your email ID; click on the reset password link and create a new password
- After generating your new password candidate will avail to download JEE Main admit card.
Ans: The admit card of JEE Main 2018 for all registered candidates will be available tentatively from the second week of March, 2018.
Ans: The candidates can follow the steps below for downloading admit card of JEE Main 2018.
- As soon as CBSE will release the admit card, the link to download it will be provided on the official website of CBSE, candidates need to click on that link and a window as shown below will appear.
- The candidates will then have to enter Application Number and Date of Birth. Application number should be same as that generated at the time registration. (If you have forgotten it, check how to retrieve application number.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Check and download the displayed JEE Main 2018 Hall Ticket.
Ans: Under any circumstances, if the candidate comes across any discrepancies in their admit cards, then they should immediately get in touch with the JEE (Main) Secretariat. Candidates can also get in touch with the officials via email or telephone. We have mentioned the contact details to get in touch with the officials below.
|Helpline No.||7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526|
|Helpline No. for queries related to Computer Based Exam.||18002669778 (operational from 1st March 2018)|
|Email for queries related to Computer Based Exam.||email@example.com (operational from 1st March 2018)|
Ans:. Yes, it is necessary for each and every applicant to bring the admit card to the exam centre and without the possession of the admit card, no candidate will be permitted to sit in the examination.
Ans: Here are a few guidelines that the students appearing for the joint entrance exam should keep in mind on the day of the exam. Please refer to the pointers below:
- It is necessary to carry the admit card on the day of exam because you will not be allowed to appear in the entrance exam, candidates should report to the exam center at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the exam to finish the registration formalities.
- Students will not be allowed to carry textual material, Calculators, Document or any electronic devices in the exam hall.
- The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall once the exam has started.
- Candidates should use only this pen to write particulars on test booklet, answer sheet and darkening the circles of response.
- As all the Examination Halls /Rooms will be having a Wall clock, candidates are not allowed to wear/carry any type of watch in the examination hall/room.
- Candidates are requested to visit the Venue of Test, a day before the examination so as to reach in time on the day of examination. Any request for change of City/Centre of examination will not be entertained.
- The candidates will be permitted to appear at allotted venue of test only. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination at any other centre of examination. The candidate should sit on the seat allotted to him/her.
- No Candidate in any case will be allowed to enter at the Examination Centre after the commencement of the examination in each paper.
- No Candidate without Admit Card shall be allowed to sit in the examination by the Centre Superintendent.
- Candidates must preserve JEE Main 2018 Admit Card till the allotment of seat in College/Institution.
Ans: Following details will be printed in the JEE Main 2018 admit card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Category/Person with Disability
- Email ID & Mobile Number
- Centre Code
- Name & Address of Exam Centre
- Exam Date & Timing
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- State Code of Eligibility
- Name & Medium of the Question Paper
- Exam Related Instructions
Ans: No. Candidates who have completed the registration process successfully will be able to download the admit card. The admit card will be released through online mode. It will not be sent by any offline methods. Candidates have to furnish details like application number, date of birth and security pin to download the JEE Main hall ticket 2018.
Ans: The details that candidates need to check before printing the admit card of JEE Main 2018
- Date of Birth
- Test Centre
- Name, City
- State Code of Eligibility
In case of any discrepancy, candidates should immediately contact the JEE (Main) Secretariat/ CBSE for necessary action.
Ans: Candidates may note that the JEE Main admit card is an identity document. It will be required during counseling. Therefore candidates should safe keep it till their admission. The admit card of JEE Main is issued provisionally. Candidates cannot claim admissions if they just possess the admit card. Their eligibility must be proven during the counseling.
Ans: Below are the details which you can carry in examination hall.
- Candidates are advised that they will be provided with a black ball point pen by the authorities hence they will not be allowed to carry a pen or pencil inside the exam hall. This is one of the directions given in admit card of JEE Main.
- Candidates can carry a cardboard or writing pad with nothing written on it to place their answer paper on it while answering.
- Candidates appearing for the JEE main Paper 2 will have to carry their own Geometry Box Set, Pencils, Erasers and Color pencils or Crayons for the drawing paper. They will be provided the drawing sheet by the authorities. However they should not use water colors for the drawing paper.
Ans: The candidates will be required to carry a valid identity proof along with the JEE Main 2018 admit card while reporting at the examination centre and PwD candidates must also carry a copy of the PwD certificate in the prescribed format (Appendix 9) issued by the Competent Authority.
Ans: If candidates are not able to download their admit card of JEE Main 2018 due to problems related to discrepancy/mismatch in their name as compared with their board data, then a correction facility will be provided, the candidates will be able to correct their name in the JEE Main 2018 application form as per the board data. The candidates will be able to download the JEE Main 2018 admit card after making the necessary corrections.
Ans: It is advised that the candidates check the details mentioned on the admit card as soon as they download their admit cards. The details that will be mentioned on their admit cards are listed below.
|Field in JEE Main Admit Card||Significance|
|Center number||Code of examination center|
|Center of examination||Name of exam center and address|
|Candidate’s name||Name of candidate as given in application form|
|Father’s name||Name of father of candidate as given in application form|
|Candidate mailing address||Address, locality, city, district code, state code, pin code|
|Email address||Email ID of applicant through which registration was done for JEE Main|
|Mobile number||Mobile number entered by candidate in form|
|Course||Whether Paper 1 – BE/B. Tech. only, or Paper 2 – B Arch only, or Paper 1 – BE/B. Tech. and Paper 2 – B Arch both|
|Date of exam||Apr-18|
|Paper||Paper 1, or Paper 2, or Paper 1 and Paper 2 both|
|Timings||Whether 9.30 am to 12.30 pm or 2 pm to 5 pm or both|
|Question paper medium||Language in which JEE Main question paper will be given to applicant at exam center|
|Date of birth||Date of birth of candidate as given in application form|
|Application number||Application number assigned by CBSE|
|State of eligibility||State from which candidate is appearing as state of eligibility|
|Category||Whether general, SC, ST, OBC, or any other|
|Person with disability||Whether yes or no|
|Roll number||Roll number assigned by CBSE|
Ans: As per CBSE guidelines, candidates only have to carry the admit card to JEE Main exam centre 2018. No other documents/ certificates are required to be taken to the exam centre. However, applicants belonging to the Physically Challenged (PwD) candidates must carry a copy of their disability certificate in the prescribed format along with admit card of JEE Main to the test centre.
Ans: Yes, after logging in candidates have to enter their class 12 roll number. The roll number will be used to verify the candidate’s identity at during the time of admission at the allotted institute.
Ans: To recover the application number candidates have to click on ‘Forgot Application Number?’ displayed on the admit card login window. Candidates have to enter all the required details such as name, parents name, birth date, state of eligibility and security pin to retrieve the application number.
Ans: The test will start exactly at the time mentioned on the admit card of JEE Main. Candidates must check the time mentioned on the hall ticket and reach the examination centre two and half hour prior to the commencement of the test.
Ans: Login to the JEE application portal and repeat the process for downloading JEE Main admit card.
Ans: You must contact the authority at the helpline numbers, then only you will get a new admit card with a better quality photo.
Ans: There is no specific dress code for JEE Main 2018. However, it is suggested not take the following things along with you in the examination hall:
- Any electronic item (Including wrist watch)
- Any jewel or ornaments
- Full sleeves shirts/t shirts
- Shoes (Only sandals or slippers are permitted)
Ans:. Candidates who have recently submitted the request for updating in Aadhaar details (including biometric update) and unable to apply for the updated Aadhaar Card Details.
Such Candidates have to apply for JEE Main 2018 by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by aadhaar centre after submitting update request. If the date of birth is not fully or is incorrectly mentioned in Aadhaar card or only birth year is mentioned/The name of the candidate in Aadhaar in not exactly similar or not the same pattern as in school records.
Such candidates should submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre and apply for JEE Main 2018 by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by aadhaar centre after submitting updation request.
Such candidates should fill JEE Main 2018 application form with old details as in Aadhaar card and thereafter submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre. The updated details in Aadhaar may be corrected in JEE Main at later stage by the process which will be notified in due course of time.
Ans: If these particulars are not being matched with the ones mentioned on Aadhaar, the candidates should correctly fill these particulars as per school records. The present/permanent address may also be filled accordingly since CBSE does not send any communication on the candidates’ address.
Ans: You need to login to the systems with your roll number and password, which are stored on your email, just check in your personal mail id, else send an email on helpline to get your credentials.
Ans: No, you cannot get your JEE Main admit card through post.