The counselling for JEE Main 2019 will start in June 2019. JEE Main is a national-level examination, which is scheduled from Jan 6, 2019 till Jan 20, 2019 and from April 6, 2019 till April 20, 2019 in online mode. The exam is very crucial to all the aspirants and will take place in 248 cities across India, and also in 10 cities abroad. Every year, lakhs of applicants appear in the exam, and there is a big battle for each seat. In this article you will get detailed information about JEE Main 2019 Counselling Procedure.
JEE Main is conducted by National Test Agency (NTA) for the candidates seeking admissions to various National Institutes of Technology (IITs) and other institutions in India for the architecture and engineering courses. JEE Main 2019 will contain total 90 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) or objective type questions with equal weightage to all subjects. A total of 30 questions will belong to each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) conducts the counselling for the admissions to 97 participating institutions through the JEE Main and JEE Advance exams. These institutes include IITs, IIITs, ISM, NITs, NSITs and other CFTIs. This article will take you through the detailed procedure of the JEE Main counselling for 2018. However, the JEE Main scores and counselling is only meant to the participating institutes other than IITs and ISM.
This article will take you through the counselling process of the JEE Main exam conducted by JoSAA. Keep reading.
What is the Schedule of JEE Main 2019 Counselling Procedure?
Following is the tentative schedule of JEE Main 2019 counselling:
- Registration and filling choices: Third week of June 2019
- Last date for registration and filling choices: Fourth week of June 2019
- Reconcile of data, allocate seats, verification and validation: Last week of June 2019
- First round seat allocation: Last week of June 2019
- First round seat acceptance: Last week of June to 1st week of July 2019
- Display of seats availability: First week of July 2019
- Second round seat allocation: First week of July 2019
- Second round withdrawal/acceptance of seats: First week of July 2019
- Display of seats availability: Second week of July 2019
- 3rd round seat allocation: Second week of July 2019
- 3rd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats: Second week of July 2019
- Reporting to center: Second week of July 2019
Latest News Updates
How is the JEE Main 2019 Counselling Conducted?
The JEE Main 2019 counselling is carried out in a centralized manner. The mode of counselling is online only and you are not required to visit physically at some institute for the counselling. If you score above the cutoff, you will have to register online and fill your choices of branch and institute at the official website of JEE Main – https://jeemain.nic.in/ for the counselling.
This option will be made available on the website from the third week of June 2019. To be reiterated that only those candidates will be eligible to attend the counselling process for seat allocation in various participating colleges (except IITs and ISM), who will qualify the JEE Main exam by scoring marks above the cutoff shared by JEE Main.
JoSAA considers JEE Main All India Rank (AIR) of candidates to organize the counselling of JEE Main. You may join the counselling after the announcement of JEE Main result based on your JEE Main AIR scoring. The counselling is organized in seven rounds. All the activities involved in these seven rounds of counselling is managed and organized by JoSSA only.
What will be the Step-by-Step JEE Main 2019 Counselling Process?
You need to follow the steps mentioned below to go through the JEE Main 2019 counselling:
- Login to the official website of JEE Main – https://jeemain.nic.in/ and login using your JEE Main 2019 Roll Number and password.
- Read the instructions carefully and click the ‘I Agree’ button. The JoSAA Registration Form opens.
- Fill all the details carefully, select the ‘Declaration’ option and click the ‘Submit’ button. The preview of your entered information displays.
- Validate the filled entries carefully click ‘Confirm Registration’.
- Click the ‘Choice Available’ button.
- Select Institute Type, Institute Name and Academic Program.
- Click on ‘Choice Filling and Locking’ option.
- Choose as much as possible choices of colleges and courses for the allotment in the decreasing order of you’re your preference. Click the ‘Choice Interchange’ button in case you want to make some changes to the filled choices. Click the ‘Choice Rearrange’ button in case you want to make the whole choice list again.
- Keep clicking the ‘Save’ button in between to avoid losing your selection in case of network connection or session timeout issues. You may then logout and the choice list will reopen on your next login.
- Click the ‘Multiple Deletion’ button to delete some of your filled choices. Click the ‘Lock Choice’ before the deadline to finally lock your choice list. Please note that the choice list once locked cannot be modified.
- You need to repeat the same procedure in case you want to attend another round of counselling. You may also mark upgraded choice in successive rounds of counselling. Note that no changes are allowed post the last round of counselling.
- Then the seat allotment is done by JoSAA based on your category, applicable reservation norms, your choices filled and the vacant seats. You will be notified through e-mail and SMS regarding the seat allotment after a few days of counselling.
- You may either download and print the seat allotment letter based on which you would be able to get admission to the allotted institute and branch. You then need to pay the acceptance fees to confirm the allotment of seats through the SBI net banking or e-Challan only.
- Present all the original documents with photocopies at any reporting center for provisional seat acceptance. A provisional admission letter will be issued on completion of the process.
- Report at the allocated institution with all the original documents and certificates.
What Documents Are Required at the Reporting Center for Verification?
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Three passport size photographs (uploaded during registration)
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- Photo identity card
- JEE Main 2019 Score Card
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Date of birth proof (10th class mark sheet or birth certificate)
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate of PIO card (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
So to end up, the JEE Main counselling procedure is very important step of your career about choosing the right college and branch of your choice and carry your academics from there. So not to be reminded much, but you really have to be very careful about it. Silly mistakes here could end up with regret at later stages.