JEE Main 2019 Counseling process is scheduled to start from June 15. JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) manages the counselling and seat allocation process for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main Result for Paper I was published on April 30 while the result for Paper II was released on May 31. The schedule and seat matrix for JoSAA 2019 is released at josaa.nic,in.
The business rules for JoSAA is expected to be published soon after the announcement of JEE Advanced Result on June 10. JoSAA 2019 is expected to feature around 100 participating institutes. The centralized counselling procedure will be conducted in online mode. Shortlisted candidates have to register on official site of JoSAA and provide choices for course and college from the available list in the order of their preference. JoSAA will allocate seats based on preferences provided by the candidates and availability of seats.
JEE Main 2019 Counselling Highlights
|Mode of Counselling||Online (Computer Based)|
|Conducting Authority||JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) and CSAB|
|Commencement of JoSAA Counselling||Second week of June 2019|
|Participating Institutes||IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs|
|Total Number of Participating Institutes||97|
|Total Number of Seats on Offer||36268 (based on JoSAA 2018 Seat Matrix)|
|Number of Rounds||7 (expected)|
People Also Read About
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is formed by representatives from JAB (Joint Admission Board) and CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board). JAB is responsible for framing guidelines and norms for seat allotment in IITs while CSAB fulfills the same role for NITs, IIITs, IIEST and other government-funded technical institutions (GFTI).
JoSAA holds the joint counselling and seat allotment session for all the participating institutes in JEE Main and JEE Advanced for easy management and avoid process repetition. JoSAA allocates seats based on seat matrix by the participating institutes.
Click here for JEE Main 2018 Result
JEE Main Counselling Schedule
The tentative schedule based on the last year schedule of JoSAA Counselling is provided below:
|Registration & filling choices||June 15, 2019|
|Display of mock seat allocation||June 19, 2019|
|Last date for registration & filling choices||June 25, 2019|
|Reconcile of data, allocate seats, verify & validate||June 26, 2019|
|1st round seat allocation||June 27, 2019|
|1st round seat acceptance||June 28 – July 02, 2019 (till 5 pm)|
|Display of seats availability||July 03 (10 am)|
|2nd round seat allocation||July 03 (05 pm)|
|2nd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||July 04 – July 05 (till 5 pm)|
|Display of seats availability||July 06 (10 am)|
|3rd round seat allocation||July 06 (05 pm)|
|3rd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||July 07 – July 08 (till 5 pm)|
|Display of seats availability||July 09 (10 am)|
|4th round seat allocation||July 09 (05 pm)|
|4th round acceptance of seats||July 10 – July 11 (till 5 pm)|
|Display of seats availability||July 12 (10 am)|
|5th round seat allocation||July 12 (05 pm)|
|5th round acceptance of seats||July 13 – July 14 (till 5 pm)|
|Display of seats availability||July 15 (10 am)|
|6th round seat allocation||July 15 (05 pm)|
|6th round acceptance of seats||July 16 – July 17 (till 5 pm)|
|Display of seats availability||July 18 (10 am)|
|7th round seat allocation||July 18 (05 pm)|
|7th round acceptance of seats||July 19 (till 5 pm)|
JoSAA 2019 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check below the category wise distribution of seats for different categories through JoSAA 2019 Counselling Procedure.
|Seat Pool||Seat Intake|
|Total (includes Female Supernumerary)||39425|
Candidates from SC/ST/PwD and OBC category are eligible to claim seat reservation as per government of India norms. The categories are listed here:
- OBC-NCL: Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer
- SC: Scheduled Caste
- ST: Scheduled Tribes
- PwD: Persons with Disability
Persons with Disability (PwD)with 40% or more disability benefit of reservation for admission to NITs/IIITs and CFTIs shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective central list published by the Govt of India. For admission to State Engineering colleges who have opted for admission through JEE Main 2018, the reservation rules of that state shall apply. The letter/e-mails/grievances/RTI cases/Court cases regarding reservation criteria will not be entertained by JEE (Main) Secretariat/ NTA.
Top 20 Qualifying Percentile for IITs and NITs
The list for top 20 percentile for each state and other education boards will be published on the official site of JoSAA. Separate lists will be published for admission to IITs and for admission to other institutes such as NITs, etc. Candidates can find below the top 20 percentile for JoSAA 2017 and JoSAA 2016.
|Top 20 Percentile (State Wise)||JoSAA 2018||JoSAA 2017|
|For IITs and ISM||Click Here||Click Here|
|For NITs||Click Here||Refer to List Released for JoSSA 2018|
Latest News Updates
JEE Main 2019 Counseling Procedure
The 7 Rounds of Counseling process will be conducted by the JoSAA for B.E/B.tech and B.arch/B.plan courses which is offered by the government as well as by the private institutions including IITs, IIITs, NITs and CFTs.Here the overall counseling procedure with step by step guide:
Step: 1: Online Registration:
- Go to the official website jossa.nic.in
- Enter the details required in the form like JEE Main 2019 Roll Number & Password.
- Click on the Login button.
- Carefully read all the instructions.
- Click then I Agree button.
- Then Registration form will appear in front of you.
- Start filling the details one by one.
- Tick on the Check box which is mentioned with Declaration Form.
- Click on Submit button.
- Review the filled information.
- Then click on Confirm Registration.
Step: 2: Online Choices Filling and Locking:
- Select the choices which are available in the opened window after confirm registration.
- Select Institute Type, Institute Name & Academic Programme.
- Click on the Choice Filling & Locking option.
- Select Colleges & Courses. Select maximum possible choices for allotment.
- Arrange filled choices in decreasing order of the preferences.
- If a JEE aspirants want to change the choices filled then click on Choice Interchange option.
- Click on the option Choice Rearrange.
- Arrange the colleges according to your preferences.
- Click on the Save button.
- If candidates want to delete their filled choices, click on the Multiple Deletion option.
- Lock the choices before the deadline by clicking on the option Lock Choice.
- Make choices carefully, choices one locked will not change.
- Choice locking will be made after each round of counselling.
- Candidates can mark upgraded choice in successive rounds of choice filling and locking process.
Step 3- Seat Allotment:
- Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- Candidates will get an Email/SMS regards to the seat allotment after a few days of choice lock.
- Download the seat allotment letter.
Step 4- Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance:
- Pay the acceptance fees to confirm the allotment of seats.
- Candidates have to deposit the fee via SBI Net Banking/e-Challan.
- Verify all the documents at any reporting center for provisional seat acceptance.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued on completion of the process.
Step 5- Reporting to Allocated Institution
- Candidates have to report to the allotted institution after the fee acceptance.
- Candidates have to report at the allotted college along with all the original documents and certificates.
- Candidates, those allotted a seat in NIT, IIIT, IIEST & other GFTI colleges have to report only at reporting center of these institutions.
- Candidates who have allotted seat in IIT & ISM have to report only at reporting center of IITs.
Other JEE Main Counseling Procedure:
Here we are listing some other important details about the Counseling procedure.
- If a candidate’s wants to leave their allotted seats then they must report at reporting center before the 6th round of counseling procedure.
- Once a candidate’s leave their seat, they will not treated for the next round counseling.
- Once the candidate’s leave their seat then their seat acceptance fee will be refunded to the candidates after the deduction of processing charge i.e. 1000Rs.
- A candidates who want to withdraw their seat, candidate need to fill their bank details with upload a cancellation cheque in JPG/JPEG format. Once you completed the process then take a printout for future purpose.
- It is advised to the candidate have to put their & their Parents signature in the withdrawal request letter & report to the reporting center.
Options for Freeze, Float, and Slide:
- Freeze: Those who accept the allotted seat & don’t want to sit in further counseling process.
- Float: Those who accept allotted seat & want to get admission in better colleges as they get in first round counseling, they will select float option.
- Slide: Those who accept the allotted seat and looking for better opportunity into the same institution for other option.
- If any candidates want to make changes from float to slide/free & slide, they have to report their allotted center for changes.
- If a candidate want to changes in the last round of seat allocation it is not allowed.
- Slide & float option only given to the candidates, who not offered admission to their first preferences.
Required Documents at counseling process:
Here we are listed all the required documents(with self-attested photocopies ) which needs to bring at counseling process to candidates.
- Three passport size photographs (uploaded during registration)
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Photo identity card
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2019 ScoreCard
- Date of birth Certificate (10th class mark sheet)
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate of PIO card (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
Download JoSAA 2019 Documents
|Category||NITs, IIITs and CFTIs||IITs|
|OBC-NCL||OBC-NCL Certificate||OBC-NCL Certificate
|SC, ST||SC-ST Certificate||SC-ST Certificate|
|PwD||PwD II Certificate
PwD III Certificate
PwD IV Certificate
|PwD II Certificate
PwD III Certificate
PwD IV Certificate
|Dyslexic||Dyslexic I Certificate
Dyslexic II Certificate
|Dyslexic I Certificate
Dyslexic II Certificate
JoSAA 2019 Participating Colleges
JoSAA features all the IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs accepting JEE Main or JEE Advanced scores for admitting candidates in undergraduate engineering programs. In total 100 institutes are participating in JoSAA 2018. Check the table below for complete list of JoSAA participating colleges.
|Institute Type||Institute Name|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Mandi|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Indore|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Patna|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Ropar|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Goa|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu|
|IIT||Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad|
|NIT||Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar|
|NIT||Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur|
|NIT||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal|
|NIT||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Agartala|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Calicut|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Delhi|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Durgapur|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Goa|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Hamirpur|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Meghalaya|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Nagaland|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Patna|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Puducherry|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Raipur|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Sikkim|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Manipur|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Mizoram|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Silchar|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Srinagar|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Warangal|
|NIT||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat|
|NIT||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur|
|NIT||National Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh|
|IIIT||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)Kota, Rajasthan|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology Guwahati|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Kalyani, West Bengal|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Kilohrad, Sonepat, Haryana|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Una, Himachal Pradesh|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Sri City, Chittoor|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT), Vadodara, Gujrat|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram|
|IIIT||Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacture Jabalpur|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology Manipur|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology Srirangam, Tiruchirappalli|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology Lucknow|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Dharwad|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Kottayam|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Ranchi|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Nagpur|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Pune|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhagalpur|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhopal|
|IIIT||Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat|
|CFTI||Assam University, Silchar|
|CFTI||Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi|
|CFTI||Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar|
|CFTI||Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi|
|CFTI||Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management-Ahmedabad|
|CFTI||Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (A Central University), Bilaspur, (C.G.)|
|CFTI||J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, Department of Electronics & Communication, University of Allahabad- Allahabad|
|CFTI||National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad
|CFTI||National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, Hatia, Ranchi|
|CFTI||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology|
|CFTI||Mizoram University, Aizawl|
|CFTI||School of Engineering, Tezpur University, Napaam, Tezpur|
|CFTI||School of Planning & Architecture, Bhopal|
|CFTI||School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi|
|CFTI||School of Planning & Architecture: Vijayawada|
|CFTI||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir|
|CFTI||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur|
|CFTI||HNB Garhwal University Srinagar (Garhwal)|
|CFTI||International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur|
|CFTI||University of Hyderabad|
|CFTI||Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh|
|CFTI||Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi|
|CFTI||International Institute of Information Technology, Bhubaneswar|