NTA has established Test Practice Centres (TPCs) to llow students to acquaint themselves with the CBT (Computer Based Test) mode and gain hands on revision for the upcoming JEE Main and NEET exam. In these test centres, students have a chance to practice mock tests available in Hindi, English and Gujarati Language or else they can download it directly from the official site as well. Now taking it a step forward, NTA has also released the online content based lecture series for all the aspirants going to appear for JEE and NEET exam.
These online lecture series are delivered by the faculty of IITs on the various topics of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. These video lectures are part of IIT PAL (Professor Assisted Learning) and are available on the NTA’s official website and YouTube so that students can easily watch them on their mobile phones as per their convenience.
Latest News Updates
Highlights for IIT PAL Lectures
- The average duration of the lecture is about 50 minutes
- Students can browse the lectures on smartphones with the help of “Swayam” platform
- Swayam is a part of the MHRD initiative
How to access the IIT PAL lectures?
Video lectures are the major step taken by the NTA and MHRD to facilitate students in the preparation of the exam. All the lectures are provided by the IIT professors according to the examination syllabus. The videos uploaded on the website are segregated subject-wise. To access these video students should follow the below steps:
- Open the official website of NTA i.e. www.nta.ac.in
- On the website home page, click on the link named as “Content-Based Lectures”
- Select any of the particular subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology
- Students will be redirected on YouTube
- Choose on the specific lecture you want to study
What is Swayam?
It is a government approved direct to home (DTH) channels for providing high-quality educational content to all teachers, students, and more. Every day, a new content is uploaded after four hours. The lectures are also available on Swayam App for Android and IOS users. The main features of Swayam Prabha are as follows:
- It covers the content of various disciplines such as arts, science, commerce, performing arts, social sciences and humanities, engineering, technology, etc
- It covers education of all levels ranging from School education, undergraduate, postgraduate, engineering, and more.
The lectures uploaded by the IIT professors are very descriptive and are almost 1 hour long. The professors have explained each and every concept very clearly with the help of diagrams. It is similar to having an IIT coaching from IIT professors without spending any penny.
Subject-Wise Videos Uploaded
The video lectures uploaded for JEE Main and NEET by the IIT professors cover various topics. The list of the topics covered by various videos in each subject is as follows:
The lectures available are based on topics like refraction at spherical surfaces and by lenses, light, planar motion, kinetics, Kirchhoff’s law, electric energy, and power, drift velocity and resistance, Faraday’s law of induction etc.
Quadratic equations, Limits, Straight lines, Complex Numbers, Three Dimensional Geometry, Permutation and Combination, Circles, Matrices, Statistics, Binomial Theorem etc
Organic Compounds, Redox Reactions, Solutions, Organic Chemistry, Coordination Compounds, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Electrochemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics, Polymers etc.
Photosynthesis and Respiration, Cell Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Human Physiology, Ecology, Plant Physiology etc.