Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will soon release date sheet for class 10 and 12 for 2019 session in December. However, the board is expected to draft the dates in accordance with scheduled for JEE Main 2019 exam.
After the registration process for class 10 and 12 concludes, CBSE will notify the dates for board exams of both classes. Board is about to put up significant changes in the date sheet this year. Evident variations might be seen in dates for class 12 practical exams.
JEE main and Board Practical Exams Schedule Clash
NTA (National Testing Agency) will conduct JEE Main twice in a year (Jan and April) and has notified the schedule for the same. Exams for Jan session will be held from Jan 6 till Jan 20, 2019. As large number of students will be appearing for JEE Main Jan session, CBSE, considering the circumstance and therefore has decided to lay down the date sheet in a way which is convenient for students.
Latest News Updates
Practical exams for class 10 and 12 are generally held in month of January. Previous year, practical exams were held by CBSE between Jan 15 and Jan 25, 2018. However, changes may get introduced to the date sheet with respect to that one of the previous year.
Last year, date of Physical Education exam and JEE Main actually collided, the exam was previously scheduled on April 9 but considering the JEE Main exam, CBSE postponed the date to April 13, 2018.
To resolve the clash between these two major exams, CBSE may pre-pone the practical exam or may even postpone the dates, whichever suits better. As per some teachers, CBSE may lay down the responsibility of conducting practical exams to the schools itself.
Pre-board exams have already been conducted by the schools for class 10 and 12. Schools on their part are mainly concerned for the students who will be appearing in JEE Main 2019 (Jan session).
Theory exams are expected to be scheduled from Feb 15, 2019. The board exams will start for vocational subjects first. After exams for vocational subjects conclude, exams for core subjects will begin. Thus, theoretical exams for class 10 and 12 will be held in month of Feb and March 2019.
With the widespread popularity and competition of JEE, Extramarks IIT-JEE App launched by Extramarks Education India is set to help students prepare for the exam and provide a more holistic understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination) will be completely shifted to online mode from the upcoming 2019-20 session while JEE Advanced is also conducted now in CBT mode. Previously conducted by CBSE, the exam will now be organized by National Testing Agency (NTA).
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
|Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
|SRM University AP B.Tech Admission Open. Apply Now|
The application comes preloaded with several features that contribute in making it a highly reliable and efficient tool. To begin with, the app contains a humongous number of questions developed by subject matter experts and ex-faculty members with a proven track record.
A positive change that everyone had been wishing for regarding JEE Main is finally initiated. From 2019, you can appear for JEE Main twice a year. Besides the JEE Main droppers who can boost their confidence and score even better, it is an advantage for the fresh aspirants as well. Most importantly the drop out rate of JEE Main is also expected to fall by the initiation of this decision.
Please Note- NTA has released JEE Main 2019 Exam cities at their official site.
You must go through the right study material and make use of the preparation tips from toppers in order to score well in JEE Main 2019. Due to vast syllabus for JEE Main, it becomes difficult to remember everything. Time management, good notes and revision is the key to success for clearing JEE Main. With the change in the exam pattern, you must update your strategy even. To get accustomed to the exam pattern, you must register yourself to the Test Practice Center (TPCs) introduced by NTA for JEE Main aspirants.
Impact on JEE Main droppers
Since JEE Main 2019 will take place bi-annually, candidates who dropped a year, will get an advantage twice in 2019. Therefore, it is an opportunity for them to best utilize the January attempt well because they have already taken a year off to understand the syllabus.
JEE Main droppers should keep the following things in mind for the upcoming exam-
- Consider January as your final attempt to JEE Main 2019
- Do not take January attempt as a practice test
- January attempt will have less competition as fresh aspirants will consider it a practice test
- Competition for the April exam will be high
- In case you cannot make it to this attempt, keep a strategy for April exam as well
- Do give JEE Main in January and April, better of the 2 scores will be considered for admission
- In January, fresh aspirants are focused on both boards as well as JEE Main, so JEE Main droppers have a bright chance to score well
- You must practice the mock tests and sample papers well in advance
- Sticking to the syllabus is the key to score well in JEE Main
Latest News Updates
Important dates for JEE Main 2019
From this year, JEE Main will be conducted twice a year. The first round of JEE Main 2019 will take place between January 6 and 20, 2019 and the second round between April 6 and 20, 2019. The exam will take place in 2 shifts- 9:30 am-12:30 pm and 2 pm-5 pm. This is thus an opportunity to appear for the exam again in the same year without wasting a year. The complete JEE Main 2019 exam schedule has been released on the official site of NTA.
Number of attempts
JEE Main was conducted once in a year till 2018. Those who did not clear the exam, waited for an entire year to give the next JEE Main. From 2019, candidates will have the opportunity to give JEE Main twice in a single year. This will be treated as 1 attempt only instead of 2 attempts. This is because it is meant for admission into engineering course for the academic session 2019. You may sit for any one or both the attempts, there is no restriction. Better of the two scores will be considered for admission.
According to our analysis, there will be an increase in the number of aspirants for JEE Main January round because there is another attempt in April 2019. Also, there will be a fall in the number of JEE Main droppers from 2019 because of the new bi-annual JEE Main.
JEE Main Admit card
JEE Main admit card will be available only online. Only the eligible candidates will be able to download the JEE Main admit card from the official site at the given dates. For the JEE Main January round, the admit card will be available from December 15, 2018. Admit card will not be sent to the aspirants by any other means. Candidates need to download the JEE Main admit card and keep it safe till the admission process is over. It is important to carry the admit card to the exam center on the exam day.
JEE Main Exam Centers
NTA has scrapped the facility of slot booking for JEE Main 2019. Now, NTA will allot the exam centers to the candidates randomly. However, candidates can make upto 3 choices in terms of exam cities. NTA will try it’s best to provide the centers according to the candidates’ preferences. You can check the list of JEE Main exam centers at the official site.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
JEE Main comprises of 2 papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. From this year, paper 1 will be conducted only in the online mode. While Paper 2 will be conducted in the pen and paper or the offline method. You may not sit for Paper 2 because it is for admission into B.Arch courses. NTA has released the JEE Main 2019 exam syllabus at their official site.
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (previously known as SRM University) has announced commencement of online application process for SRMJEEE 2019. Engineering aspirants seeking admission to B.Tech Program in various streams can start SRMJEEE Registration from Oct 27, 2018 onwards by visiting official website of the university.
The last date for filling and submitting the application form is March 31, 2019. The primary mode to apply for SRMJEEE 2019 is online, however offline mode will be accessible for students in remote areas. The exam will be conducted from April 15 to April 25, 2019.
Students will be allotted various campus of the university based on the rank secured by them in SRMJEEE. The university offers B.Tech programs in 15 different branches across various branches.
Candidates should be ready with the documents needed while filling up the application form on the official site. Online registration can be completed by filling-in the required details such as name, date of birth, gender, phone number and email id.
The article provides a concise overview of SRMJEEE Application Process including all the steps involved in successful form submission.
SRMJEEE 2019 Exam Dates
The tentative schedule for SRMJEEE 2019 is tabulated below for aspirants:
|Start Date of Application||October 27, 2018|
|Last Date to apply||March 31, 2019|
|Exam Dates||April 15 to 28, 2019|
Steps to Fill SRMJEEE 2019 Application Form
Here, we will be discussing the methodology of filling up the application form online in detail. Starting from registration till document uploading, each step is explained here. Candidates may thus checkout the steps to be followed for filling SRMJEEE 2019 application form:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the application portal on university’s website and click on “New Registration”.
- Submit the required details such as name, gender, date of birth, phone number and email id.
- After successful registration, an email will be sent to the registered email id containing verification link.
- Candidates are supposed to click on that link to activate their account.
Step 2: Login
- Students need to login using email id and password allotted at the time of registration.
- Go through the mentioned instructions and select nationality.
- Proceed further for rest of the application form by clicking on “Next”.
Latest News Updates
Step 3: Filling the required details in the application form
- After successful login, heading towards the application form, student needs to enter the asked details such as exam city reference, specialization preference etc.
- Communication address and parent’s details such as father’s and mother’s name, email id, state, district etc.
- Academic details such as current qualification, name of board, name of school and marks scored in class X and XII.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
- Students may make payment of application fee through both online as well as offline mode.
- Fee can be paid through credit card/debit card/net banking/paytm etc. In online mode payable fee is Rs. 1,100.
- For offline mode, students need to pay through DD has to be drawn in favor of “SRMIST” payable at Chennai.
- The DD is then has to be sent at the university’s address of Chennai. For payment in offline mode, payable fee is Rs. 1,160.
Step 5: Uploading of Documents
- This is the last step in filling up SRMJEEE 2019 application form. Candidates need to upload the scanned images of required documents in predefined format.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature in prescribed dimensions and click on “Next”.
After uploading scanned images of the documents, candidates will be asked to read the declaration, after agreeing to the declaration, click on “Submit”. Then only application number will be allotted to the concerned student and also he/she may preview and edit the application form. However, students are advised to take printout of the application form for future reference.
Eligibility Guidelines for SRMJEEE 2019
Candidates should go through the eligibility criteria for SRMJEEE at least once prior to filling the online application form:
- Both Indian nationals and NRIs are allowed to apply for exam if they have completed 10+2 or its equivalent in not more than 2 attempts.
- Candidates appearing in the 10+2 final examination are also allowed to appear for the exam provided they produce their result before the stipulated deadline.
- The applicants must not be born after July 01, 2003 and not before July 01, 1997 to be eligible for SRMJEEE 2019.
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has released the official notification for VITEEE 2019. Candidates seeking admission to any campus of VIT may fill the application form from October 28 onward while the registration window closes on Feb 28, 2019.
VITEEE is a national level engineering entrance for admission to undergraduate engineering courses at one of the campuses of VIT located in Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati.
Registration for the exam can be done via both online as well as offline mode. Offline application form can be availed from any post office across the country. VITEEE 2019 would be conducted across 120 centers in India and in 4 foreign centers (Dubai, Kuwait, Qatar and Muscat) as well.
As estimated by VIT-AP Vice President Dr. Sekar Viswanathan, this year, the number of students appearing for the exam may cross the bar of 2.5 lacs. Let’s take a more detailed look at VITEEE Application Process (both online as well as offline mode).
VITEEE 2019 Exam Dates
The schedule for VITEEE 2019 is mentioned below for the reference of all engineering aspirants:
|Start of Registration Process||October 28, 2018|
|Closure of Registration Window||February 28, 2019|
|Slot Booking Window and Issue of Admit Card (Tentative)||March 21 – March 25, 2019|
|VITEEE 2019 Exam Date||April 10 – April 21, 2019|
|Expected Date for Declaration of VITEEE 2019 Result||April 25, 2019|
The minimum eligibility to apply for VITEEE 2019 is completing 10+2 from a recognized board of education. Candidates also need to secure an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology with a 10% relaxation for SC/ST candidates. Applicant must be born on or after July 01, 1997.
VITEEE 2019 Application Form
Students can hereby check the details for filling online and offline application form for VITEEE 2019:
For Offline Mode:
- The offline application form can be obtained at any post office after paying INR 1,200.
- Fill the entire OMR sheet very carefully as no editing will be allowed once the form is submitted.
- Post filling the form, paste a recent color passport sized photograph in the prescribed area and sign on the application form at the designated place.
- Do not alter any detail on the form while filling the details. Scrutinize the details carefully before posting.
- Filled-in form is must to be posted at the address as mentioned on the envelope.
- It is advisable for the candidates to keep one copy of the application form with themselves for future reference.
Latest News Updates
For Online Mode:
- Register yourself first by providing all the required details.
- After registration, an email id and password will be sent to the registered mail id of the applicant.
- Applicants are required to login using their new mail id and password to proceed with the application form.
- Post filling of the form, scrutinize and submit the details entered which in-turn will lead to generation of application number.
- Application number and printout of the application form must be kept carefully till completion of all the processes.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Date (April) to Collide with VITEEE 2019
VITEEE 2019 Exam dates are likely to collide with the schedule of JEE Main 2019 (April Session). It is notified that JEE Main 2019 (April session) will be held from April 6 till April 20, 2019 which is a computer based exam. While exam date for VITEEE 2019 is expected to be from April 10 to April 21.
JEE Main being conducted by NTA for the first time will allot the dates randomly. But in VITEEE, students will be provided with an opportunity to select the slots for taking the exam. Thus, candidates must be very careful while selecting the slots to avoid overlapping between the two. Result date for VITEEE 2019 has not been announced till date but is expected to be released in the last week of April.
There will also be a provision of fee concession on the basis of rank acquired by the candidate in the entrance exam. The concession as per the secured rank can be understood from the following table:
|Rank Secured||Fee Concession (%)|
VITEE 2019 Slot Booking and Admit Card
VITEEE Slot Booking will be conducted in online mode. Candidates are allowed to book their date and session for taking the online entrance examination. VITEEE 2019 will be conducted in 3 shifts 09.00 am to 11.30 am, 12.30 pm to 03.00 pm, and 04.00 pm to 06.30 pm. However, all the slots for VITEEE 2019 will be booked on first come first serve basis.
The admit card for VITEEE 2019 will be issued immediately for the candidate after completing the slot booking process. The slot booking process and issue of e-admit card is expected to commence in the third week of March 2019.
All the candidates are advised to regularly check this space for latest updates on VITEEE 2019.
NTA is the new governing body JEE Main that has brought several modifications in JEE Main 2019. JEE Main will be conducted twice a year, in January and April from 2019 and only in online mode. To allow the aspirants to acquaint themselves with the exam pattern, Test Practice Centers (TPCs) have been introduced by NTA. However, the syllabus remains same for JEE Main 2019.
What is a Test Practice Center (TPC)?
Test Practice Center for JEE Main 2019 is an initiative by the NTA for helping the students to prepare for JEE Main 2019. This facility is free of cost and is especially designed for students from the rural and remote areas who are not familiar with the Computer Based Test (CBT). They are built across the country so that all eligible students can score well in JEE Main 2019. Through TPCs, the authorities expect that there will be more aspirants for JEE Main 2019.
NTA has released IIT PAL Lectures for JEE Main aspirants.
How do Test Practice Centers work?
Test Practice Centers are started by the NTA to familiarize the students with JEE Main 2019 exam pattern. As of now, NTA is only providing mock tests at the TPCs. These mock tests are based on the JEE Main 2019 syllabus. They are officially provided by the NTA to the TPCs. To be a Test Practice Center, the institutions need to follow the TPC guidelines mentioned at nta.ac.in.
At the Test Practice Centers, there is a minimum requirement of 30 computers and a LAN (Local Area Network). By entering a login id and a password, mock tests are generated on the computers for students. At the end of 3 hours, the exam will end automatically, like the JEE Main between January 6 and 20, 2019. NTA has released the complete exam schedule for JEE Main 2019.
Benefits of Test Practice Centers
Knowing the exam pattern in advance helps to improve the performance in the main exam. It is the combination of hard work and practice that makes you score well in the exams. JEE Main is a national level engineering exam, and has a certain difficulty level. With the new pattern, students might panic or make silly mistakes. In India, there is a diversity of students. Not all student have an access to computer. So, it becomes very necessary to make the students aware of the new pattern.
Latest News Updates
Following are the benefits of Test Practice Centers-
- You become aware of the exam atmosphere
- Aspirants become comfortable with the online format
- Candidates learn the pattern of exam
- You know the instructions of exam in advance
- Students know your strong and weak areas
- You know how to manage the 3 hours of the exam
- Aspirants get a fair idea about what kind of questions are asked
- There is no limit on the number of attempts for the mock tests
How to register for Test Practice Centers?
It is necessary for aspirants to register to practice through Test Practice Centers. They are functional only on Saturdays and Sundays. You can follow the below mentioned steps to register for Test Practice Centers for JEE Main 2019-
- Visit the official site of NTA at nta.ac.in
- Click on ‘Student Registration (Mock Test)’
- You have to click on this option and you will be redirected to a new page
- Now select the ‘Online Mock Test’ option
- You need to enter your username and password to go ahead
- When you register, you get a list of the TPCs near you from where you can select the desired center
- After registering, you will get a SMS or email mentioning the slot for practice on Saturday and Sunday
- Students will get this information 24-48 hours before the allotted slot
- Reach the TPC at the mentioned time and use the SMS for showing that you registered
- You can also download the mobile app from play store- ‘NTA STUDENT APP’
Note– Test Practice Centers are operational on Saturday from 14:30 to 17:30 Hrs. There are 2 slots for Sunday- 11:00 to 14:00 Hrs. and 14:30 to 17:30 Hrs.
So, Test Practice Centers by the NTA is a very beneficial step as it will improve the results of all the students and increase the confidence of all the aspirants. There is a helpline number to answer any queries related to TPCs. For all the recent updates, you need to stay connected to the Test Practice Center section at the official site of NTA.