BITSAT 2019 Slot booking process will starts from fourth week of March to first week of April 2019. BITSAT commonly named as Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test is carried out by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) to admit the candidates who wants to pursue their career in engineering or medicines. BITSAT is a university level examination. This is a computer based exam which the candidates needs to clear to get the seat reserved for him/her in BITS campuses at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. BITSAT is a one of step forward for the candidates who want to pursue their carrier in BE honors at BITS campus in programmes like Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Economics, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering. The application starts from third week of Dec 2018 till second week of March 2019.
Highlights of BITSAT 2019:
|Name of the EXAM||BITSAT|
|Date of Exam||March|
|Conducting Body||Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|No. of Question||150|
|Category of Exam||UG|
|Applications Per Year||About 3 lakh|
|Helpline Number||01596-242205, 01596-515294|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
Know More about National Level Engineering Entrance Exam: JEE Main 2018
Below are the details of the campuses:
- Pilani Campus: Chemical, Civil, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics.; B.Pharma; M.Sc: Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics and M.Sc: General Studies.
- K. K. Birla Goa Campus: Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Communication Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical ; M.Sc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
- Hyderabad Campus: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing; B.Pharma; M.Sc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
- Undergraduate programmes of BITS except B.Pharma(Hons.): Candidate must have passed class 12th exam from a recognized state board or any equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as main subjects and must have done proficiency in English.
- Admission to B.Pharm(Hons.): Candidate must have passed 12th exam from a recognized center or state board or any equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as main subjects and must have done proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply.
Admission to all the programmes with the conditions given below:
- Candidate should have scored at least 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (if mathematics taken) or should have secured a minimum of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (if biology taken) in 12th, with minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology individually.
- Students who have appeared in 12th exam in 2019 or cleared 12th class in 2018 are eligible to appear in the exam.
- If by any chance the candidate has attempted 12th more than once then his/her marks of the recent examination taken will be considered.
- Admission in BITSAT 2019 will be completely on the basis of the merit. Merit position of the candidate will be based on the score.
- Direct admission is given to the board toppers irrespective of their scores in BITSAT.
BITSAT 2019 Application Form:
The application form is available on: https://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatapply/OnlineReg.aspx
Application form for BITSAT 2019 would be made available on the site mentioned above from third week of December 2018 till third week of March 2019. Before submitting the form the candidate must check the form twice as in case of any discrepancy it will not be edited once closed. No form will be accepted by Fax or Email. Candidate should keep a record of their application form number for subsequent logins on the website.
Filling the application form:
●Registration: For new registration click on the “NEW REGISTRATION” button. Enter the below details:
- Full name of the candidate.
- Email ID
After entering the details click on the button “PROCEED”
- Filling the form online: After registration enter the below details:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Pin code
- Landline Number
- Mobile Number
- Details of 12th Exam
- Selection of the Test Center
- Uploading the scanned images: Candidates need to upload the scanned images of the photograph and signature.
- Payment of the fees: Lastly the payment can be done in online or offline mode. Online fee submission can be done by net banking or credit/debit card. All credit and debit cards issued by Master and Visa are also accepted. Offline payment needs to be done in ICICI bank.Foreign candidates not residing in India can make the payment by International Credit Cards and Debit Cards using Online Payment Gateway.
BITSAT Exam Pattern:
From below you will get complete information about BITSAT Exam Pattern.
- BITSAT is a three hour exam as per the paper comes in 4 parts in MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) from English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics or Biology (for B.Pharma students).
- The question paper includes total of 150 questions.
- For each correct answer 3 marks will be allotted.
- For each wrong answer one mark would be deducted.
- There is no time limit given to the candidates for their answers for any section.
- The candidate can answer any part as per their choice, even one question can be reattempted the candidate can go back to the question and edit the answer if required.
- The paper should be completed in 3 hours of the time.
Additional Questions choice:
- In case if a candidate attempts all the 150 questions within the 3 hours of time (without leaving any question) are given 12 extra questions within the same time to be attempted from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology sections only (4 questions from each). The candidates once directed to the additional 12 questions would not have the choice of going back to the already attempted 150 questions to edit them.
Section wise break up:
The syllabus for BITSAT 2019 has been released by the institute. The syllabus majorly takes the topics of NCERT books from Class 11th and 12th. Following are the topic to be included in the syllabus of BITSAT 2019:
Topics to be covered in Physics
- Units & Measurement
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Impulse and Momentum
- Work and Energy
- Rotational Motion
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Modern Physics
- Electronic Device
Topics for Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Physical and Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Hydrogen and s-block elements
- P, d and f block elements
- Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental chemistry
- Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
Topics for English Proficiency
- Reading Comprehension
Topics for Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Nonverbal Reasoning
Topics for Mathematics
- Two-dimensional and three dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Programming
- Mathematical modeling
Topics for Biology
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function
- Genetics and Evolution
- Structure and Function – Plants and Animals
- Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants
- Reproduction and Development in Humans
- Ecology and Environment
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
BITSAT Preparation Tips
- Start reviewing BITSAT Syllabus and prepare strategy for entire year.
- Lay down a strategy that you can really implement.
- Be selective while choosing study materialfor your preparation.
- Try to solve maximum number of previous year question papers.
- Attempt minimum 5 set of mock test everyday to evaluate yourself.
- Stay stress free and take care of your health.
Click here to download Complete Preparation Strategy
BITSAT Admit Card 2019:
BITSAT admit card/hall ticket will be issued from second week of April to second week of May 2019. Candidates who have booked their slots will only be given by the admit cards. The admit card should be kept safe to appear in the exam. Candidates who do not have the admits cards will not be allowed to sit in the exam. BITSAT 2019 admit card have details like candidates name,DOB,Center,Address,time and date of the exam, Photograph of the candidate, admit card number etc.
BITSAT 2019: Exam Dates
The important dates include availability of form, deadline, admit card result , seat allotment etc details. The candidates who want to apply should be in regular touch with the website of BITSAT so that they should not miss any important event of the exam or the admission process. Below is the table for the reference:
|Application Form Availability||Third week of Dec 2018|
|Application Form Deadline||Second week of March 2019|
|Online editing of the form||Second to third week of March 2019|
|Announcement to candidates for the allotment of test center||Fourth week of March 2019|
|Reserving test date and slot||Fourth week of March to first week of April 2019|
|Downloading hall ticket||Second week of April – Second week of May 2019|
|Application for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||First week of May -Third week of June 2019|
|Online test BITSAT||Third week to last week of May 2019|
|Announcement of Admit and Wait list||Third week of June 2019|
Latest News Updates
BITS Pilani will announce the result in the first week of July 2019. BITSAT 2019 scores will be declared nearly in the 3rd week of May. BITSAT result holds the scores that the candidates score in the exam and even the wait list will be declared. The results will only be available for the candidates who have taken the exam. Result will be checked by the candidate with the application number and password. When the result is displayed, download the same and save it for future reference.
How to check the result:
- Visit the official website
- Click on Online Result for BITS 2019
- Enter name, application number, date of birth and roll no.
- Click on the submit tab
- Score board appears
- Download and save for future reference
Details on the BITSAT Result:
Below are the pointers which are mentioned on the result card
- Name of the qualified candidate
- Cut off marks
- Candidate’s rank
- Merit list for counseling
BITSAT Merit list
Merit list for BITSAT 2019 would be released on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates. Usually, BITS authority releases maximum 3-4 merit lists. After this, candidates are allotted seats on the basis of the scores obtained by them. However, if scores of any two candidates turn out to be same, then, allotment of seat is based on the following rules:
- If two candidates have same score then their scores in Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm) in BITSAT will be taken into consideration.
- If still the score remains same then their physics score in BITSAT will be taken into consideration.
- In case still tied, their chemistry score in BITSAT will be taken into consideration.
BITSAT Cut off
Hereby below we will share the cutoff of 2018:
|BITSAT 2018||Cut off|
|Waitlist of Iteration II||220|
|Cutoff after the Iteration I||287|
|Cutoff for the wait list at the end of Iteration I||220|
BITSAT Counseling 2019
Counseling process for BITSAT 2019 will be completely online. BITS will start the counseling procedure by first week of June 2019.Interested candidates need to fill the application form for the same till June 2019. Each round of the counseling is called as iterations. The result of each round is displayed online after the conduct of the round. Candidates will be able to view the results with their application number and password.
BITSAT 2019 Counseling Important Dates
|Availability of application form||Last week of May to First week of June 2019|
|Result of Iteration 1||June 2019|
|Fees payment last date||June 2019|
|Result of Iteration 2||2nd Week of July 2019|
|Admission announcement after Iteration 2||2nd Week of July 2019|
|Balance payment of the fee(waiting list candidates)||4th Week of July 2019|